Chapter Eight

Blair POV.
•••

   Only a couple steps and and I'm at the stairs. Only a few steps until I can lock myself in my room. Only a few more seconds.

   "Where the hell have you been?" I hear my dad yell storming through the hallway. My steps stop and I'm frozen in place.

   "I was with Natalie" I mumble quietly.

   "I've been home since yesterday and your cars been here. Am I really supposed to believe you were with Natalie when she doesn't have her license." He yelled. Even though Natalie is 17, she still doesn't have her licenses. She failed the permit test three times before giving up and deciding she was going to wait until she was 18 to get her license, since you don't need a permit to take the test.

   Yesterday Zack and Natalie picked me up from my house to get food, I ended up staying at her house while Zack went home to get ready for the party. I didn't even think about my dad remembering she didn't have her license. "And look at the dress you're wearing." I look down at my dirty red dress.

   "What? You're being a slut now?" He said to me with disgust. "Sleeping around and hanging out with boys. I guess that's all you're good for, right? Your body? Besides that you're pretty worthless." I smell the alcohol from where I was standing. Not only that, I see the empty bottle in his hand.

   Not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing the tears build up, I turn and start going up the stairs. I whimper in pain when I feel him grab on tightly to my upper arm. "You're mom would be disgusted how you turned out."

   "I'm sorry." I say the tears starting to stream down my face. "Please let go, you're hurting me". I begged. His grip only tightened, causing me to yell out in pain. He holds on for a couple of seconds before letting it go and walking away.

   I quickly walk up the stairs and run into my room, closing the door and locking it. I look down at my throbbing arm, I already know that a bruise will form. I hear my dad downstairs grabbing his car keys, closing the front door, and leaving. Once I hear his car start, I scream.

   I go into my closet and pull out a bottle of vodka. Tequila makes me horny, vodka makes me forget.

   I take a big swig and sit on the floor, my back against the front of the bed. This goes on for what it seem like forever. Me taking slow slips and sitting there crying. I see my phone lighting up multiple times. I grab it to see a miss call from Natalie, a text from her, and a text from Grayson. I ignore them and shut off my phone. I am drunk the whole night.

   I wake up the next morning, with the light hitting my face. I somehow ended up on my bed. I look over to see a trash can full of my throw up. I cringe at the slight. I turn on my phone to see two more texts another one from Natalie and another one from Grayson. I look at the ones from Natalie first.

   Girl... you did not just ignore my call -N

   Are you ok? You haven't answered or called me back...-N

   The feeling of guilt builds up inside of me and I quickly send her a text.

   Sorry I was hanging out with my dad and then crashed after- B

   I started to tell Natalie that my dads and my relationship had started to get better. She was worried about me after I told her he hit me, the first time. I felt bad that she had to worry about me, so I haven't told her or anyone about anything else. She replies back right away.

   Aww, Ok no worries! I'm glad you and your dad are getting along <3- N

   I smile at her reply and then click on Grayson's name. We never text, the only times we've ever texted was about homework.

   Hey -G

   Ok I know I said we were only friends for the night but you don't have to be a bitch and not respond- G

   I sigh, there's no point of me responding now. He already thinks I'm a bitch and it's better if we keep it that way. I don't know why that word hurts me as much as it does. Bitch. I mean, I guess I am one. I kissed Ashlyn's boyfriend, I piss off my dad, I lie to Natalie.

   I hear my phone's ringtone go off. I grab it and see Natalie's name pop up. I click answer.

   "Hey girl!" She greets me.

   "Hi" I try to muster up the same enthusiasm that she has.

   "Zack and the boys are going to the beach and have invited us." I look down at the big bruise already forming on my arm and frown. I can't go to the beach or else they would see it. I mean I could wear a long sleeve but it's supposed to be really hot today.

   "Oh I can't, I'm getting lunch and spending the day with my dad."

   "Bummer, next time though! Your dad needs to share you with the rest of us" she laughed.

   "Mhmm"

   "Oh!" She perked up "Guess who texted me last night?"

   "Who?"

   "Grayson! He asked if you were ok, I said of course because why wouldn't you be." She laughed and I faked laugh with her.

   "Oh, weird." I was not going to tell her about the texts, she would try to force me to reply to him.

   "Yea, I know. Anyways... oh shoot Zack's calling me. Probably to ask if we are going. Are you sure you can't?"

   "Yea, I can't."

   "Aww ok, well I have to go! Love you."

   "Bye" I reply. I knew she wasn't expecting me to say it back to her. I never do, it's not that I don't because I do love her. She's my best friend, but I just get uncomfortable saying it.

   I spent the whole day in bed, watching Netflix, self loathing, the usual Sunday activities. I even do homework, I give myself a mental pat on the back for that. I can't let my straight A's slip. My dad would be furious if I was anything less than perfect.

•••