CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.

The bedroom was quiet in the early morning. The sun leaking through the open curtains as Liliya stared at the ceiling. She had been doing that for the past few hours, her stomach twisting in anxiety. It had been a few days since her conversation with Aleksander about the Sun Summoner and they had managed to outline a plan. They had been waiting on Roma, Lev and Tomas to return which they were supposed to do that morning.

Liliya had heard nothing, no movement or people in the war room or what felt like anywhere. She just stared anxiously up at the ceiling as Aleksander rested against her. His head resting against her chest, practically resting against her boobs. She didn't mind and after a moment, moved her hands to his hair. Pushing her fingers through his locks. It was still so soft.

"Good morning," He murmured softly. His head lifting up a little. She wasn't sure if her playing with his hair had woken him up or if he had simply been awake the whole time she had been staring. Either way, she didn't mind and instead smiled down at her.

"Morning," She said. Aleksander then forced his eyes open, looking up at her. He was still exhausted from sleep and his eyes eventually closed, too tired to keep them open. Her fingers ran through his hair, fixing it. He almost always woke up with perfect hair. Bed-head seemed to be something that escaped him which she was always jealous of but she liked admiring him in the mornings. Cute bed-head or not.

"How long have you been awake?" He asked. He knew her by now. Knew her habits of just staring at the ceiling in anxious thought. A part of her also assumed that he could hear the thumping of her heart which was always a give away to how she was feeling.

"A few hours. I thought you were asleep," She responded. Aleksander hummed in response before he pressed a soft kiss to her collarbone. He then pushed himself to sit up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he sat back. Liliya smiled up at him, rolling onto her side.

"They should have returned at dawn," Aleksander said as he slid off the bed. He pushed his fingers through his hair and crossed over to the bathroom. Liliya nodded and watched him move, admiring his behind with a small smirk on her face.

But then she caught herself and pulled a pillow over her head. Her eyes closing again as she let out a soft sigh. Admiring his arse had been something she had found herself doing a lot. That along with admiring his chest and she hated that she did it so often. It was embarrassing and entirely surprising that he hadn't noticed.

"I will meet them alone if you would like to sleep longer," Aleksander said as he walked back into the room. Pulling the pillow back off her face, she pouted a little before she pushed herself to sit back against the headboard. Stretching her arms above her head, letting out a soft groan before letting her hands drop.

"I don't need anymore. It was nothing," Liliya dismissed as she kicked the covers back. Aleksander turned to her and a small smile appeared on his lips as he noticed her pink cheeks.