Chapter 14

Eternal

.•*•.XIV.•*•.

     The world is confusing. When I stepped out of the tower I realized that I would have to be faced with confusion here in the world. I just never realized exactly how much confusion I would feel. My mother and I talked for some minutes. Until the sun rose in the sky and the day began. She told me who I am or at least who I am supposed to be and the true reason why she had to hide me away from the world. The reason which she has told me my whole life is only partly the reason.

I am a being that even she doesn't know, no one knows what I am. Only that my power is incredible. I am meant to save the world and keep it balanced. My whole life I never knew what kind of power I have inside me, but it is a lot. She told me that in order for my power to stay connected to the earth and the world I need to die. Then my magic would be absorbed into the earth itself where it would remain until my spirit could be reborn into the world once again.

My mother told me that everyone in the room the night that I was born felt the power that I held, and they knew who I was. They did not want to kill me, they wanted to put me in chains and use me for my power. Then when people were done with me, they would kill me and make certain that any power that I had would never go to the earth itself, they would have it for themselves. The world would never be balanced if my magic would not go into the earth. It would fall and all would die.

She wanted to keep me away and hidden in order to save me from my father and everyone else that wanted to use me. My mother could not allow them to do those things to me. Especially when I was her daughter. No matter what being and what I am, she never thought that I was anything but her daughter. She loves me as her own child and even when I was only born to her to be reborn, she always wanted me and thought of me as her own daughter. I think of her as my mother and no one can change that thought nor the fact that she is my mother and none can say otherwise.

Even after having heard all the story and everything, I still find myself confused as there are things that do not fit in with everything. The voice of the woman that I heard in the forest and the man and even the things that just happened not that long ago. I told my mother everything about it, and she said that she has never known such things to take place. If my mother did not know then I know no one else that can tell me what it was.

I hug my mother tightly. "Do you have to go?" I ask her. It took me less than a second to realize that I have missed my mother. I truly have missed her. I grew up with her and I know not the life without her. The week that I have had without my mother has been strange and weird. While I love the freedom that I have here, I find that I want to go back to the tower. It has been my home my entire life, and I am frightened to be so far from home.

She nods. "The things that I do when I left home are doing all I can to keep anyone from finding out about you. Now that you are in the world it has become much more difficult. I will do whatever I can to keep you safe, my love" She speaks as she holds my hand. "Forgive me, mother, I never wished to harm you. I only wanted to see the world" I tell her. She laughs. "I know that is what you wanted" She says with a small smile. I wonder why my mother has not yet lectured me.

Normally she would do so and would be quite angry while doing so. Often I do do something that does make her lecture me and the most lectures that I have ever gotten in my life are about going outside the tower. However, I would suspect that being out in the world and having gone out of the tower would mean the worst lecture of my entire life. I thought that if she would ever find me then she would drag me back to the tower by my feet and would not let go until I was locked up safe in there.