Chapter 3 : courage

𝗠𝘀. 𝗘𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

Kayla walks in and gives me a look, a look that I know all too well. I excuse myself saying my last final words to my new assistant. I walk out of my office and i'm greeted by Alex my "fiance" who looks very angry probably for no good reason once again; But still seeing that look on his face makes my heartbeat race and not in a good way.

Since i'm surronded by so many people I try my best to keep my composure. I grab the angry mans hand and pull him to the side of the building to isolate us. I was scared to do it because I wasn't sure what he'd do now that we're alone but I had no choice.

"Honey what's wrong." I say frankly. "Why do you keep posponing our wedding." He says. The second I hear that I immediatly stiffen up. "I already told you i'm busy with work." What, i'm not lying.
"See. If you had told me that a couple months ago I would believe you but I know for a fact that's not true."

"What exactly do you mean by that." I say with a fierce look in my eyes. "I had some of my best men put up cameras in your office while you were away on that "buisness trip" of yours a few months ago." He says with a nasty smirk on his face.
"Huh. So you invade my privacy and expect me be quick to marry you ?? We haven't even known each other for a year."

"I'm doing this out of love."
When he says that. I snap. "OUT OF LOVE ?? You're saying that everything you did to me was out of love?"
"YES. Love that you don't reciprocate or even bother to respect." As he says that he reaches his hand up to slap me I quickly flinch and close my eyes. After a few seconds of me standing there and not feeling anything I open my eyes and see my new assistant staring at me with her brown eyes. Alex now on the floor.

Before I got the chance to say anything I heard Alex groan quietly and I watch as he begins to stand up. Evie grabs my arm and pulls me into her car. She immediatly starts driving so Alex can't catch up to us. We sit in the car in silence. I gather courage to speak up.
"Thank you." I say full of gratitude. She looks over at me and says "No problem. No one deserves that." I look out the window.

"You can just drop me off at my apartment i'll give you the address."
"You're staying with me tonight." She says her voice so stern I wouldn't even dare try arguing with her.
"mhm, okay."
"I just, I don't want him hurting you."
I don't know why but when she says that my heart skips several beats.

She pulls up in her house driveway; it's nothing special but it looks indeed cozy. I step out the car and she leads me to the house I stop at the door and take of my shoes she leads me in the kitchen
"You hungry ? All I have is cereal tho." she says. We both make bowls of cereal and sit down and the table.

As we're eating I see her continuously looking at me. I sigh. "He wasn't like that when I first met him. Our parents did buisness together. We were meant be since before we were even born. He just- things have been so hard for him lately and sometimes he takes his anger out on me, but i'm okay really."
Evie sighs
"Ms evans lets get some rest okay?" "Alexis." I say softly
"You can call me Alexis."
--
Don't forget to vote and comment🙏🏾
this is the longest chapter so far
MorTinez are you happy now😭