Chapter 2

Warning: Sexual content 

Daria laid awake comfortably in her bed. The light of the moon shined on her face as she stared at the ceiling of her room. All she could think of was who sent that picture. Daria made sure everything about her and her past was hidden and felt somewhat relieved that the picture was gone. Instead of thinking about it, she thought about the boy she met, Mason. She hated him, his face, his everything. Who knew someone could be so, so arrogant. But he was a fresh slate. He knows nothing about her and nothing about Ridgewood.

"Pst,"

Daria's eyes widened. She propped herself up with her arms and got off the bed.

"Pst," someone whispered.

Daria's curiosity led her straight to the window that faces the front yard. She unlatched the lock and opened her windows wide, hearing the windows creak. Her dark chocolate eyes became lighter when the moonlight contacted them; she looked down. A boy stood outside with his hands in his pockets.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Daria, annoyingly.

"To see you?" the boy asked carefully.

Daria sighed and quickly hurried down the stairs. Her feet touched the cold wood and walked up to the door. She slowly opened the door and saw the boy hesitantly come inside. Daria's eyes examined him. His hair was dark brown and short. It was nicely shaped and straight. The gleam of the moonlight made it seem darker and his smooth, but his light tan skin looked pale. Daria carefully looked into his grass-colored eyes and felt herself weaken.

"You shouldn't be here," she whispered. She was so nervous she pinched herself.

"Why?" He asked.

"What do you mean why?" Daria scoffed, "Noah, we can't,"

"Because of Jake? Daria, we already talked about this." Noah rubbed his forehead and ran his hands through his hair.

"We had sex once and now you've come back and expected us to be together? Noah things are different now-"

"How?! I was only gone a month and now things are different?" He insisted.

Daria didn't know how to answer. She didn't want her and Noah to happen. It would complicate things in so many ways. She knew she shouldn't care, but what worried her the most was hurting Jake. But Noah can't know that.

"It-just- is" Daria broke off the words, hoping for more of them to come out.

"Jake is a big boy, I think he'll be fine."

"Noah, he's dating Emma." Daria spat out. Watching his face become blank concerned her.

"Well... It doesn't matter." he hesitated.

"Yes, it does!"

"Why do you care what they think of you so much?! Daria, I don't care about Jake and Emma!"