Our hearts in our art

"Hey baby."

"Hi Ggukie," he says from the couch. Jeongguk had just arrived home, Yeontan already jumping on his legs.

"Hey Tannie!" he cooes, bending down to pet the little dog on his head, then moving to rub his belly as he lays on the floor.

"Alright enough with the dog, give me my smooch!" Taehyung exclaims from his spot on the couch. It has been two months since they moved in together, the pair deciding to do so a year after Taehyung had graduated college and obtained a steady job as an art teacher.

Even though Jeongguk's house was expansive and lavish, they both thought it'd be better to buy something new together, downsize a little. So they live in a comfortable apartment with two bedrooms and two bathrooms, an office, a nice kitchen where Jeongguk can cook and Taehyung can watch, and a lovely living room with a tv and the comfy couch from the younger's first place. Taehyung couldn't resist keeping it.

Along the walls is art that the two of them created together; Taehyung convinced him to get back into painting as soon as he recovered and started to find himself again. Sometimes he couldn't get Jeongguk away from his paints. But he's happy for him, happy that he reconnected with an old love.

Taehyung feels the cushion dip next to him as Jeongguk sits down, placing his arm on the back of the couch and moving a hand to the older's cheek. "Did you miss me?" he asks confidently, knowing his boyfriend did in fact miss him.

"Just shut up and kiss me," he rolls his eyes, fighting a smile.

"On it," he grinned.

The two close their eyes and lean in for a quick peck, and then another, and another until it is no longer short but soft and languid, their lips molding into each other and moving like the countless times they have before. It's comfortable, it's lovely, it's home.

When they break apart, Taehyung brings his arms around Jeongguk's neck, resting their foreheads together for a short moment before pulling away and slowly sinking into the couch. Jeongguk follows laying behind him, wrapping an arm around his waist and kissing the back of his neck.

Taehyung loves the warmth that always comes with Jeongguk. Loves his touch, his voice, his words. He thinks about all of his love and relishes in it as he stares at the wall. The wall that displays all of their letters, their story.

For once Taehyung is happy about a rash decision he made to write to strangers in college. It's how he met the love of his life, the man he will spend forever with. And he wouldn't have it any other way.

"What are you thinking about?" Jeongguk asks softly as Yeontan jumps onto the couch, curling up at their feet.

"Just about how much I love you," he replies, snuggling impossibly closer.

"I guess we're thinking the same then," he smiles, reaching over to link their fingers together.

"I guess we are."

end