t e n

no one pov

jungkook groaned loudly as he flopped himself face first into his bed covers. his groan still continuing, though muffled, as he lay with his face stuffed into his blankets.

he was frustrated.

the whole entire day, he couldnt enjoy himself. not even for a second. it didnt really sound like any different from his usual day. but this time, it just felt like a different sort of hatred for the world around him.

he had this almost burning sensation in his chest, not in the literal way. but in a metaphorical sense.

he just felt so irritated. and mad, and angry, and upset. like every bad emotion he has ever experienced in his life was hitting him all at once.

and it all started after he saw that stupid high school kid talk to taehyung.

no. jungkook wasnt stupid. well, maybe in maths and english. but he knew what this feeling was...

jealousy.

jungkook was jealous. for reasons he didnt understand. why did he all of a sudden get jealous over literally taehyung just talking to someone other than him?

jungkook, not once in his life, experienced the feeling of jealousy. and he sure as hell didnt want to experience it again.

he felt like his mind was pulling him in five different directions. all taking in another stupid feeling. anger. sadness. frustration. annoyance. irritation. guilt.

he didnt even walk with taehyung after school because he was too frustrated at his own feelings of jealousy. like he could tick off any time. like some sort of bomb, with a lost timer. no one sure when it would actually set off.

at this point it wasnt even 'stop being jealous'. or 'i hate this feeling'.

it was "why the fuck am i jealous over this?"

-

taehyung hummed to himself, skipping into the school gate. a fresh start to a new day. he was confident that jungkook was no longer feeling sick.. or whatever the heckity heck he was feeling yesterday. and they would hang out together again.

he got a ride to school with jimin this morning, instead of taking the bus. so he was slightly early. which only meant he got to talk to jungkook more before class started.

finally walking into the classroom. taehyung spotted jungkook sitting at his desk. his eyes focusing on his table, ignoring the chattering students all around him.

taehyung blocked them out too, making his way to jungkook, who still didnt look up at him.

as taehyung approached his desk his focus was distracted as he heard a familiar voice call his name.

"taehyung~." the voice called. taehyungs eyes snapping to the person responsible. a happy smile rising to his face when he saw his new friend jaehyun!

"oh! hi jaehyun." taehyung waved. jaehyun smiled at the smaller boy. "hey! i was wondering if you wanted to sit next to me for this class. i thought since we dont have assigned seats, and i would like to get to know you better, we could sit together today?" he asked. his smile still softly planted on his lips.