Dumb Willpower

It was next day after Y/n was invited by Nagatoro into her home. The two was seen strolling down the street from school, calling it a day immediately after school to go home for summer break.

Y/n who held his school bag and guitar case was sweating bullets as his shirt was nearly damp, the sweat was making his face moist while Nagatoro walked next to him who had the same case with her school uniform.

The boy lets out a huff in annoyance. "What is this summer's problem?" He wipes away some of the sweat from his forehead and shakes his hair. "Yesterday it was driving up a storm... Now it's just heating like a portable sauna..."

He was pissed. His pits were smelling and his undergarment was slowly getting soaked as well, the sun blasted the heat against the two as he holds his guitar bag up to provide himself some shade.

"Senpai!" A girl calls to him.

"What is it?"

"I know what we can do to beat the weather today!" She starts to smile, Y/n doesn't have any ideas on how to calm his body down from the hot summer day so, "Well, what do you have in mind?"

Then she takes his hand, picking the pace up to a speed walk as they cut through the turns on the roads. "There's this shaved ice place that serves shave ice bigger than a mountain! It's super delicious and cold!" She smirks to the boy.

Now he can't get the image out of his head. A rainbow ball of ice in a bowl, chomping on some soft ice while sipping the melted juices on the bottom.

Man... That sounds like a lovely treat...

His thought swirled around like a tasty f/f syrup decorating a bowl of round ice, add some snow cap to it as he was continued to being lead on by Nagatoro.

With the smile proudly presented on him, it soon fades as they make the last turn and see a large group of people filed in order. They stared in awe at the amount of people that curved to the intersection across from them.

"...That's a long line... Do you always have to wait this long for some shaved ice?" He asks the girl in which she shakes her head in response. "They NEVER had a line that had at least four people long! Why is there so many of them all of a sudden?!"

They just stand there dazed until Y/n turns his head near the stand and see a sign being held up at the front. "Ranked 'Number One in shaved ice' by Good Evening, Japan... I see..."

Nagatoro takes a look at the sign as well, sighed and takes Y/n's hand again. "Come on, senpai! Let's get in line before more people comes!" She drags him quicker, Y/n wasn't sure about her plan at all.

I wouldn't mind getting shaved ice but...

His eyes glance at the bright sky that made him squint, he shakes his head.

Yeah, no way I'm going to stand for hours at end just to get one bowl of shaved ice...

"Hey, I'm not sure if should get into the line with this much heat blaring on us..." he tries to tell her but ignores him as they were now halfway to the end of the line. "I-I'm always fine with c-convenience store ice cream..."

Then she stops in her tracks, turning slowly and giving Y/n a mighty death glare. "O-On second thought, let's wait in line!" He gives in instantly as she leads him all the way to the back of the dreaded line.

...

"We've been standing here for an hour and we only moved a couple of feet forward, dude..."

As what Y/n said, the duo stood in line for a tedious amount of time. While the sun rose the nation's temperature gradually, so did the slimy sweat that poured down their faces and bodies, drenching their clothes up as if it had rained in summer.