Chapter 9

Brittany

I sat in the passenger seat of Jamie car as we drove back to Beverly Hills. It was silent, but not an awkward silence. We sat both in deep thought it I clutched my pocket where I had put Dmoney money that I just stole at. I couldn't help but to be excited I was a few thousand dollars richer and now that he was dead he couldn't come after me.

My thoughts drifted off back to Jamie the way she looked after she killed them are eyes showed satisfaction watching them choke on their blood and die. It was like seeing someone life slip away brought her to a climax. She made me questioned everything she had said I don't know what to believe anymore.

Funny how if she's trying to hide from her boyfriend her red Dodge Viper was a little conspicuous. I looked over at her how could she seem so calm after just killing two people. I couldn't stop my hands from shaking and thinking that she might end up turning the gun on me.

Jamie rolled her eyes snapping me out of my thoughs and I realize I was still staring at her "I would of killed you when I killed them if I wanted you dead" she snapped.

I shook my head "I'm sorry, but you just made killing them look so easy like a serial killer"

she giggled "I'm not a serial killer and if I didn't kill them they would of killed you"

She's right I should be grateful for that, but something about her seems off. First she follows me then kill the men that was going to kill me for what To save a person she barely knew? And for what so I could owe her something. I inhaled deeply and exhaled maybe she did it just because I guess if the shoe was on the other foot I would of did the same thing.

"We're here" she says once we arrived back at the hotel I got out and inhaled the cool air as the wind blew my hair around slightly. "Are you going to be ok?. she asked raising her eyebrows in a questioning look.

I nodded even though I was still pretty shaken up, but I refused to let her know that "I just need a good nights rest" I said and headed straight to my room not saying another word to Jamie I just needed time to process what just happened tonight and find out my next move

I counted the money I had stole it was close to twenty thousand dollars probably the money he was supposed to give the other guy to kidnap me. I stashed it away in my jewelry box I had the rest of my money in.

Exhausted I laid down and let my thoughts take over. On top of the fact that Dmoney was now dead and Daquan got Chance to leave me alone now I felt free from that lifestyle. Sure there was a few more I crossed over, but they haven't tried anything.

I laid in bed an contemplated everyone that happened tonight, sure I find it weird that Jamie had a gun and was following me, but if I had an ex that was beating me then I would have a gun to.

I sat up straight in my bed a thought occurred to me Jamie could be my protection.

You know how many people I could rob with her having my back I would never have to look over my shoulder with her on my team.

I'll ask her tomorrow with her ability to shoot and mines to steal they'll be no stoping us..