It had been a week since "the incident". "The incident" being Harry Styles, the speech, the gala, the kiss, all of the above.

And as much as Louis really wanted to pretend it never happened, it did, and forgetting about it became a lot harder when Niall bursts into the flat and tells Liam, who is apparently an avid Harry Styles fan as of just a few weeks before. And now, it seems like the only thing anyone is ever talking about in the flat is Harry Styles. Which Louis despises.

Louis was, to put it simply, livid.

With who exactly? Well, that was hard to say.

One day it would be Hannah, for accepting the catering job, the next day it would be Harry for doing everything he did and then simply disappearing again, and then the next day it would be Liam and Niall, for pestering him non stop about what exactly Harry said, how exactly he acted, and so on.

Moreso, Louis was just mad at the world. He had finally gotten over Harry. Finally moved on after all those sleepless nights wondering where Harry went, and why. And then, as if the world had gotten bored of Louis' absence of misery, Harry popped up in his life once more.

"Alright mate, now tell us what it is. You've been moping around all week long." Liam said, sitting on the living room couch next to Niall.

Louis stared at the two for a long moment, "... What is this? Some kind of intervention?"

Niall shrugged, "You said it, not us."

Louis sighed. He loved Liam and Niall but they had an unending rapacious need for gossip at all times, and every now and then, that meant poking at Louis' personal life.

Though to be fair, Louis knew from the moment he moved in with Liam and Niall that "personal" wasn't going to be in anyone's vocabulary.

"I've been fine alright? If anything is wrong, then it's the fact that Liam ate all my chicken dumplings."

Louis was still sour about that.

Liam only rolled his eyes, "It was what was best for you."

"Louis. I've known you for the years now. Just tell us what's wrong, we can help you, we can buy more chicken dumplings!" Niall insisted.

And no way. No way were either of the two gonna find out that their new found idol had previously talked with Louis about getting engaged.

No. For some reason, Louis strongly wanted that all to die, buried alone, without anyone knowing.

But, Niall and Liam weren't people who just give in and give up.

So, "My ex texted me a while ago." Louis lied. Well kinda.

Both Niall and Liam immediately gasped, "The ex?"

Louis nodded with a groan, "Yes, the ex."

So maybe, back in the day, Louis complained about Harry just a tad.

Or moped about rather.

Or... Sobbed on Liam's shoulder at a club at 2 a.m. about...

Neither Liam nor Niall knew much about "the ex" though.

What they knew was that some guy Louis had dated for some amount of time had abruptly broken up with and cold turkeyed Louis.

Now though, Louis rarely talked about Harry.

In fact, he kind of refused to.

"Well?! Fill us in on the dick shit!" Niall exclaimed.