94

Liam's POV

Everything was fine and then in a matter of seconds, it wasn't. One second we were just joking around, being the cutest poly couple every, then it just wasn't.

Jax closed his for only a few seconds but when he opened them again, it was like I was looking at a complete stranger.

Jax's eyes looked around the room, looking as confused and pissed off as ever but I could tell that this wasn't our Jax.

Jax's body jumped off the bed before he pressed his back to the nearest wall. His arms come up to guard his face as he stares at the three of us angrily. Had Jax been in charge I would know that he was faking the anger but I couldn't tell with this new person.

"Hi," Callum said after a few minutes of complete silence I the room. "I'm Callum." Jax's body looks over at Callum before looking back at the rest of us expectedly but his guard doesn't fall.

"I'm Liam."

"And I'm Ryder."

"We're friends of Jax," Callum said hesitantly. I was a bit sad that he didn't call us his boyfriends but we didn't know this dude. If he really was a different person than Jax, they could be homophobic like Jax's dad. "What's your name?"

"Carter," he huffed out, Jax's hands still guarding his face but he seemed less tense now. "You know Jax?" He seemed to know the answer and was mostly asking to confirm before he allowed himself to fully calm down.

It was so weird. He looked like Jax but that's all that tied him to our boyfriend. His voice came out of Jax's mouth but he didn't sound like Jax. He used Jax's body to move but he didn't move the way Jax does. Hell, he almost didn't even look like Jax in some ways.

"He's our boyfriend," Callum said after a few minutes of deciding what to say.

Carter made Jax's face form a frown for a second but he doesn't dwell on it. His hands slowly slipped from his face as he looked over at us as if he didn't know what to do next.

"Have we met before?" Ryder asked from his place behind Callum.

Carter looked back at Ryder as if he was studying every feature in Ryder's face.

"Yes." He stated simply. "I almost hit you." He clarified before continuing to look around the room.

To be honest, I didn't know what to do anymore. I've gotten so used to reading Jax but reading someone else in his body seemed to be impossible.

"How old are you?" Callum asked casually, as if he were just meeting a new friend.

"17 like Jax." His eyes un focus for a second before becoming clear again. "He's not happy."

"Who? Jax? You can talk to him," I asked, looking at him skeptically.

"He's mad that I'm here and he's not. He doesn't like that I'm talking to any of you either. I don't think he trusts me."

That made two of us.

"Can Jax come back now?" Ryder asked, still shrinking back against Callum.

"No," Carter stated.

"Why not," Callum grumbled out, trying to hide his anger.

"I have to make sure it's safe first. I tried to a few times but he kept pushing me away."

"Safe from who?"

"Safe from anyone," Carter said as he stalked over to the bathroom before closing the door behind him.

"What are we supposed to do?" Callum asked as soon as Carter shut the door. "Do we bring him to Andrew? Is that what he meant by don't hesitate to come by?"