Chapter 13

"Dragons! Je ne peux pas croire que vous devez combattre des dragons!" I gasped, "Quel est ton plan?"

"Je ne peux pas te le dire!" Fleur nudged me, "Vous devrez voir."

"Bah," I rolled my eyes.

"Fleur!" Gabrielle called from outside the tent, Fleur excused herself and made her way to her sister.

I wandered over to Cedric.

"Did you read up on those spells I gave you?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yes," He chuckled, "I'm all set."

"I still can't believe they have you fighting dragons," I sighed, "It's ridiculous."

I looked down at the dirt floor, rubbing my arm and swaying side to side nervously.

"Hey," He said softly, putting a hand on my shoulder. "I'll be fine."

Just as I was about to respond, a bright light flashed in our faces. I jumped back, ramming into Cedric who wrapped his arm around me to keep me from losing my balance.

"Ah," The small blonde women, Rita Skeeter, sighed, putting a hand to her chest. "Love is in the air!"

I raised an eyebrow before realizing what she meant. I stepped away from Cedric, who quickly let go after also realizing what she was talking about.

The women waddled away before either of us could say something.

"Okay..." I pulled my eyes off of her, looking back at Cedric. "I'll see you after. Good luck, don't die."

I patted his shoulder before going to leave the tent as Dumbledore called them forward.

"Good luck." I whispered to Harry as I walked past.

He smiled, nodding his head. I pushed the curtain back and hurried up the stairs into the arena, hoping to get to my seat before anything interesting happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cedric limped back into the tent, golden egg in hand. I smiled happily, glad that he had used my spells.

Dragon keepers lugged Harry's dragon in and it retreated to a cave.

You could see Harry's head poke out of the tents, looking back and forth. When he didn't see the dragon, he walked out cautiously, his eyes immediately landing on the golden egg.

As he walked up to the egg, the horntail swung his tail directly at him.

When he heard Hermione's scream, he ducked just in time. He hid behind a rock big enough to shield him from our gaze.

The dragon looked around before spotting where the boy was hiding. The Hungarian Horntail sucked in deeply, and if you had an interest in the creature, you could tell he was about to spit fire.

At that moment, Harry stuck his head from behind the rock, exposing his face to the dragon.

"Fire! Harry, fire!" I shouted, jumping up and down urgently. "Fire!"