Chapter 8: Urusai

MAEVE

"What do you guys wanna watch?" Alessandra asks, turning on the flat screen tv. "Comedy, horror, romance, thriller?"

"No, let's watch something action-packed!" Luca practically lunges at Alessandra, trying to grab the remote from her.

"Urusai, you're so loud." Sabrina face palms him and pushes him back until his head is sinking into the couch cushions, "he's right though, let's watch an action movie." Sabrina agrees. Luca lets out a 'YAYYYY!' and throws his arms around Sabrina.
(Japanese- Shut up.)

"Everyone okay with that? Marcus? Maeve?" Alessandra asks us and we nod.

We ended up choosing a superhero movie.

Elias came down a little bit into the movie, no longer wearing his black t-shirt. He was only in a pair of grey joggers and white Nike socks. I should've dressed more comfortably, I was wearing a high-waisted, blue and grey plaid miniskirt and a tight-fitting white long sleeve top. I loved this skirt but it stopped only a few inches below my tattoo, so I had to be careful moving around.

Elias sat in the open spot next to me. On the larger sofa, Marcus sat on the end next to Alessandra, who was sitting next to Sabrina, with Luca on the other end. Artemis and Apollo curled up and rested at Elias's feet, and Gio was already in bed.

Elias grabs a blanket and throws it over his lower body and turns his focus to the movie.

I too tried to focus on the movie but it was difficult because I was freezing. Why is it so cold in here? I'm not a damn penguin. I brought my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them in an attempt to stay warm.

"Cold?" Elias asks me offering, part of his blanket. I shake my head 'no' at his kind gesture even though I am cold. I can deal with a little cold, "Maeve, you're shivering. Come here." He beckons.

Okay, maybe I can't.

I hesitantly move in a little closer and grab the blanket, "okay, maybe I'm a little cold," I say pinching the air.

I pull the fabric over my legs but Elias tugs it back. He holds up half the blanket, while the other half stays draped on his legs, "closer." He demands.

I move closer.

"Closer than that, I don't bite... unless you like that kinda kinky shit."

I like kinky. I'm joking... I think.

I scoot in even closer, my cheeks burning a crimson red - Face not booty.

Elias lets out an irritated sigh and hooks his arm around my waist, drawing me against his side, "shut up." He says before I can say anything. He adjusts the blanket on my legs then turns back to the tv. I sneak looks at him every once in a while and he seems completely compelled by the movie.

Does he like superhero movies?

Right now a giant purple man, "what's his name?" I ask Elias.

"Thanos."

A giant purple man named Thanos is throwing his green adoptive daughter, "what-"