(26) Venom

"Dude, I just talked to my dad, who just talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very bad news." Stiles hastily told Scott and Alex when he entered class and sat down behind them.

"I think we already know." Alex turned to him and gestured to Isaac sitting in front of her.

§{~}§

"All right, I only found one thing online called the Kanima." Stiles said as the trio exited the classroom. "It's a were-Jaguar from South America, that goes after murderers."

"That thing was not a Jaguar." Scott said.

"Yeah, and I'm not exactly a murderer." Stiles said.

"Well..." Alex said in a high pitched voice.

"Hey, that bunny was an accident." Stiles defended.

"Whatever you say." Alex shrugged and he looked at her annoyed.

"Yeah, but you did see it kill somebody, which is probably why it tried to kill you. And it's still trying to kill you, and it probably won't stop until you're dead." Scott said and Stiles slowed down and fell behind the other two. "Unless it is about the bunny thing."

"You know, sometimes I really begin to question this 'friendship'." Stiles stated.

The trio were sitting in class when Jackson sat down besides Alex and behind Scott.

"Hey, testicle left and right. And Alex." Jackson said and the two boys got annoyed while Alex just looked forward. "What the hell is a Kanima?"

At that last comment they all turned to him with widened eyes before coach slammed a book down at his desk.

"All right, listen up. Quick warning before we begin our review." Coach said and the trio turned to Jackson again. "Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult... I'm not even too sure I could pass it."

Alex heard Scott groan quietly and put his head in his hands for a second before Coach continued.

"Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question." Many people raised their hands in the classroom while the trio once again turned towards Jackson. "Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy."

"Paralysed from the neck down." Jackson said. "Do you have any idea what that feels like?"

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles said and Jackson gave him a look.

"Wait.. why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Alex questioned.

"How should I know?" Jackson said sounding a bit annoyed.

"Wait, do they think it's Lydia or Allie?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know, all I heard was their names and something about chemistry." Jackson told them.

"Jackson!" Coach sort of yelled as he stepped up to the quadrant. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Um..." Jackson looked around him a bit clueless. "Just an undying admiration for my... my coach."

"That's really kind of you." Coach smiled and Jackson looked proud of himself and murmured a thank you. "Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?"

When coach turned away, Scott dragged Stiles to him so he could whisper to him quietly without Alex or Jackson hearing.

"How do we know it's not them?" Scott questioned.

"Because I looked into the eyes of that thing, okay? And what I saw was pure evil. And when I look into Alex's eyes, I only see 1 percent evil, which is used for sarcasm. Lydia however is about 50 percent evil." Stiles said and was about to begin reading before he changed his mind. "All right, maybe 60."