Chapter 88

Parents

I look at the two of them with big bright innocent eyes, the earlier ambiguity vanished and each of them has an expression of embarrassment.

Although I asked them out loud, I already knew what they're about to do, it's as clear as daylight after all. Especially seeing the blush on Juan's cheeks and the slight grievance in Ju Yi's eyes.

"Oh, my treasure has finally arrived! I missed you!" Ju Yi went on and on about his love for me while he peppered me with kisses which I managed to avoid.

"Stop it, daddy!" I pushed his face out of mine and threw myself into Juan's arms.

Juan can only helplessly take me in her arms and glared at Ju Yi but then take her glare away after seeing his scorching gaze.

"You-"

"I-"

The two of them speak at the same time, Juan's cheeks blushed like a ripe tomato while Ju Yi smiled fondly at her.

"You should go to work now" she mumbles quietly when she was taken aback by his actions.

A warm, soft feeling touched her cheeks in a flash, it was too fast that she didn't even get to shout. Her eyes burned in embarrassment, thankfully JuJu wasn't looking at them.

Soon, Juan shooed Ju Yi away for his work, I reluctantly offered my cheeks again to be pecked by this slave-loving daughter and see him off. After that, Juan cooked my favorite sweet and sour chicken as well as take the strawberry shortcake in the refrigerator.

...

"JuJu, me and my parents would go to Switzerland for winter break, do you want to come with us?" Xiao Ruo asked with his eyes shining in expectation.

"I can't, I'm going to meet my grandparents this week" I blinked and instantly saw the disappointment in Xiao Ruo's eyes.

"Oh, my grandparents didn't talk to me last week. Don't they like me anymore?" I suddenly felt put for Xiao Ruo and angry at those elders in the Wu family.

Tsk, tsk, they value wealth and power rather than their family. They're too unreasonable and they even vent their anger at an innocent boy. They're too shameless!

"Well you can get along with my grandparents, they will absolutely love you" I know my parents, back when I was twenty-five they would always show me their phone that was filled with photos of their grandchild's friends.

It really irked me to death but I knew that it's every parent and child's headache.

"Really? Will they really like me?" I nodded and he hugged me tightly screaming thank you all over the place.

Yesterday, Juan and Ju Yi talked about their parents and explained to me their experiences with their parents. Ju Yi has already broken ties with his family, he just explained that his parents couldn't care for him like how he cares for me so he has a bad relationship with his so-called family. Juan on the other hand said that she was taken from her parents and told me to never approach strangers and stick close to mommy at all times, she also said that her parents love her and continued to search for her.

I didn't know of my parent's continuous search for Juan at that time. Her existence was not known to me at that time although I have seen them occasionally invited a man whom I later learned was an investigator.

They didn't dare to tell me of Juan's existence because she was also the trigger of my illness at that time. I lost my memories of her and the doctors advised them to not have contact with her existence lest my illness fluctuates. 

"But I have to inform my mommy and daddy as well as your mommy and daddy!" I told Xiao Ruo, the Wu's should know about matters like this after all their child is an innocent one and is very gullible.

"Okay!"

After that, Teacher Ming ushered us to our tables and let us sing nursery rhymes which have been etched into my mind permanently and are now residing in the back of my mind.

Shortly, class ended as me and Xiao Ruo lined up to leave the classroom. I saw Ju Yu instantly and Juan although her eyes were red.

It seems like we're about to meet my parents slash my present grandparents today.

***
Chapter 88 is up!

Have a great day everyone! Stay safe and healthy!

Make sure to VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Thank you!