TWO; LEGENDARY

(E) TWO; LEGENDARY (S2E8)

_____

A groan escaped Estella's lips. Her eyes fluttered open, landing on the pale, dingy ceiling above her. Estella frowned, not recognizing where she was. She slowly sat up, feeling lethargic from the vervain objected in her system. Estella rubbed her sore neck, rolling it around and sighing as satisfying cracks sounded.

"You're alive," a voice said. Estella turned her head and saw a replica of Katherine. The blonde raised her eyebrow at her.

"And you must be Elena Gilbert," Estella remarked, lifting her arms over her head and stretching.

"How do you know who I am?" Elena asked warily, watching Estella stretch her muscles.

"My brothers are completely infatuated with you," Estella replied to the doppelgänger with a roll of her eyes, placing her hands in her lap.

Elena opened her mouth, ready to ask who Estella was, but a voice beat her.

"Estella Salvatore," a man declared, walking inside the room. Estella snapped her head up, studying the man. "I didn't think you were real. Only a legend or a myth."

"Well, I'm perfectly real and alive, thank you," Estella remarked, standing up slowly. "Now that we have established who I am, who are you?"

"Don't worry about me, I'm no one," said the man, waving his hand. "But you...you're special. Successfully fleeing from Klaus. No one's ever done that before and stayed alive."

"How do you know Klaus?" The doppelgänger questioned, her eyes moving between Estella and the vampire.

"Everyone knows Klaus."

"I suppose," mumbled Estella. She looked at the doppelgänger—smelling her blood. "You're wounded." Estella noticed small blood patches on her pink sweater, making her raise an eyebrow.

Elena cowered from Estella, worried she might come after her. Estella's lips quirked upwards at Elena's fear. "Don't worry, love. I don't plan to eat you."

"Shut up!" A voice suddenly snapped. Estella looked up to see a woman with a red-colored, pixie haircut, glaring at the two. She looked annoyed with the three people in the room. The woman with the red hair looked at Elena, analyzing her. "My God, you look just like her."

"But I'm not. Please, whatever you want—" Elena was interrupted by the red-haired woman.

"Be quiet," snapped the woman, moving towards Elena.

"But I'm not Katherine," Elena protested, backing into the couch. A flicker of fear passed through her eyes as she wrapped her arms around herself as a way of protection. "My name is Elena Gilbert. You don't have to do this."

"I know who you are. I said be quiet!" demanded the pixie-haired woman.

"What do you want?" Elena inquired in a panicked tone, ignoring the order to stay silent.

Estella leaned back in the couch, not saying a word. This vampire was strong, and Estella knew her strengths and weakness. She wouldn't be able to hold a fight against the two vampires in front of her for long.

The red-haired vampire lifted her hand, slapping Elena so hard that she fell back onto the couch, unconscious. Estella raised her eyebrow at the doppelganger's fall. She didn't care much about Elena, she was more surprised with the quick action.

"Harsh, much?" Estella spoke after a few beats of silence. She glanced up at the woman with a passive look.

Instead of a response, Estella's neck was cracked from behind her. Her body slumped back into the couch.