Thirty Four

vote & comment! 💖 & most of all, enjoy :)

Aj POV

"Yo."

"Aj."

"Aj." I open my eyes when I feel a hand grab and shake my shoulders. "Get ready for school. You got a hour."

I kiss my teeth and turn my head away then lazily turn my phone on and look at the time. It's 6:45. What he gon do if I just lay here and don't move. He can't drag me to this school.

"I'm not gon say it again." He says and then leaves the room. 'I'm not gon say it again', shut the fuck up. Nobody asked you to say it again. I sit all the way up. Before I do anything I make sure to send Zyier a text back from one he sent me last night. I was gonna be up all night texting him but I was tired, even after sleeping as much as I did when we was coming here. That car ride was the longest and most uncomfortable one I been on. Aside from the issues I got with the nigga from jump, imagine having to be in a car with somebody who literally just said they're mentally ill? Now what if he just decided to drive off a cliff or something because another car "triggered" him. Now I'm dead.

I really don't want to be here right now let alone go to a school full of people I don't know. I've never had to be a new student, I was just always the child to "Cameron and Anthony" but I never had to be looked at like I'm some clueless ass nigga who don't know where the school bathroom is. Imma just try lay low like I always do and not bring attention to myself, which is why after I take a shower and brush my teeth, I dress myself in a black hoodie and black sweatpants with the hoodie zipped all the way up. I put the hoodie on my head and look in the mirror. I think I could blend in pretty well. Nothing about me is standing out.

"Where your bag at?" Daddy asks me when I come out the room at 7:40. I don't know, I probably left that shit. I don't say anything to him. "Look next to your bed." He says.

I go back in the room and look where he said to look and there's a new black book bag there. When I pick it up it feels like there's something in there so I open it to check. It's a notebook and some pencils. I don't even remember him buying any of this. I carry it on my back and then we leave the weird ass "apartment building".

"What you want for breakfast?" He asks. I don't want breakfast, I want to go back to Brooklyn. I lean my head against the window and ignore his question. I don't want to eat right now. My stomach is hurting and I feel weird and angry because I'm on my way to a school I don't know nothing about. This is the worse day of my fucking life, besides when this nigga tried to kill me. But it seems like it's always him that's putting me in the most uncomfortable and situations.

Like last night, he decides himself that he's gonna go in the McDonald's drive thru. He bought me mad shit yesterday, but I got through a lot of it because I didn't eat all day. I ate in my room and then went to sleep. And now we back here again. We probably gonna be eating this shit for every meal.

"What you want?" He asks again, now talking about the menu. He's literally talking to himself at this point because I'm not talking to him. I don't want to and I shouldn't have to. He ends up ordering me two breakfast plates—what Imma do with two, I don't know. But I know I'm probably not gonna be eating nothing while I'm in school, so I give in and eat as he continues to drive.

At 8:00 on the dot we pull up in front of the school. There's still some students going inside so we must've got there right when classes is starting. I may eye contact with my daddy through the mirror. "Finish eating." He says. I take another bit of my food but I think my appetite is messed up now. Seeing all them people go inside there and I don't know not one of them is nerve wrecking. I already don't like school and being around all them people to begin with. I didn't even have time to prepare my mind for this. So, I don't wanna eat no more. But I still sit there and eat the rest slowly to procrastinate on purpose. The longer I take, the longer I don't have to go in. But it gets to a point where it's 8:10 and I physically can't pretend like I'm still eating. My daddy looks back at me like he's been occasionally going for the past ten minutes and when he sees I'm done he nods.