Thirty Six

vote and comment 💖💖 and most importantly, enjoy!!!!

sorry for mistakes!

Cameron POV

I've been back to work for a full week and to say I've missed it is an understatement. I surprised my students on Monday, not only with me being back, but I also made them goody bags. I know I teach older kids, but who doesn't like candy? They seemed to like them and I may or may not have put some gift cards in there.

They made me cry the whole day from telling me how much they missed me and how excited they were that I'm back. This week has been so amazing. They've been paying attention in class, all while having fun and it's just been a really awesome time and I'm so blessed to be back. They were telling me all about how the sub was super lazy and only gave them worksheets without any instruction. They don't have to worry about any of that, none of it is going towards their final grade but it was upsetting to hear how stagnant they've been for the past couple weeks.

What made this week even better is that a certain someone was out sick, so I haven't been uncomfortable or nervous once while at work. I mean he's here today, but we haven't crossed paths. And on top of that, besides work, despite being miles apart, Anthony and I's relationship is doing pretty well, if I say so myself. I mean things aren't perfect considering the position we are in right now but we have been talking on the phone every night and sometimes multiple times a day and it's been great. I miss him and can't wait for him to come back, but he's been keeping his promise of things not being the same how they were while he was in prison.

"Have a great weekend you guys. Get good rest and take care of yourself, okay. I'll see you Monday." I say to my students with a wave once the final bell rings. Their assignment for the weekend is to read the first chapter of "The Bluest Eye" so that on Monday, we could begin our final unit for the year. It's going to be a long one, but a good one I hope. As long as they read the assigned reading, this will all be a breeze.

When they're all out of the classroom, I begin to reorganize my desk. When I came back on Monday, my desk was a mess. Papers everywhere, loose pencils and pens, just awful. I usually keep up with it to make sure I know where everything is because one thing about most teachers, they often lose students work and then make the student make up for it. I don't want to lose anyones work and in the rare occasion that I would, I would never make a student re-do it.

As I'm reorganizing my desk, I find myself humming the melody to one of Tyler's songs. I miss when things weren't awkward between us. Sure, everything between him and Zaniyah went down only about two weeks ago as well as me finding out he got Pheonix pregnant, but it's been two long weeks of him straight up avoiding me and Zaniyah. He hasn't told me Pheonix is pregnant out of his own mouth yet, but I think that he's feeling guilty and is probably avoiding me because he's trying to figure out how to tell me, little does he know I know already. If I didn't know the reason he's being so standoffish, his behavior would've been eating me alive and having me wonder what I did wrong. But I'm giving him space and time to figure things out, I don't know when that will be but I'm not pressuring him. I've been acting normal so that the awkwardness doesn't turn into tension, that is the last thing I want. How I feel about him getting her pregnant isn't enough for me to feel tension or anger towards him.

And as for him and Zaniyah, they're not on good terms right now. Most of the energy is coming from Zaniyah though, every now and again she'd come to me to complain about how Tyler is too over protective, and also how she's too afraid to tell Anthony based off of how Tyler reacted alone. I responded to that by telling her that eventually, Tyler will let up once it clicks that she's growing into her own woman with other responsibilities outside of the family we have now. And as for Ant, I told her bluntly that it will only be worse if she doesn't tell him. I didn't want to give her false hope and say something like "Anthony isn't gonna care!" because I don't know if he's gonna care or not. But, I do know how upset he will be if he has to find out on his own instead of being told, and as long as she can avoid that, she should.