Chapter 22

*Edited

Landon

Fear.

Fear is something I've come accustomed to in my life.

It's something that I see come off of people when they see me.

One single look and they're running for the hills.

No one would dare to look me in the eyes and speak to me unless spoken to.

I don't fear, never have.

But now I have something to fear because I let my dead emotions get the best of me. 

I now have the fear of losing her.

The fear of anyone or anything even touching her without consent or refuge.

Though no one would dare to, knowing what would be on the line for them. 

Except for one person.

One person who didn't fear me, someone who helped build me, made me into who I am today.

Someone far worse than my own father.

He is the one person that would dare to do anything. 

I didn't fear him, I feared what he would do. 

*

I walked through the dead empty hallways, as students were filled in their classes.

My long strides make way towards the back doors of the school, revealing the green chipped grass and empty tables scattered around.

I spot the two people I was looking for and begin walking towards them.

Their attention turns towards me as I sit down at the table.

I take my lighter and cigarette out of my pocket, placing the cigarette in my mouth and light it up with one hand.

I breathe in the smoke and blow it out as it relaxes my body.

I look towards the boys as they wait patiently as to what I called them here for.

"He's back," I say emotionlessly taking another hit of the stick.

I watch Dante's body tense as his eyes go visibly darker. 

Andre drops the water bottle from his hand as his usual friendly nature turns dark.

"What do you mean he's back?" Dante says as his voice grows deeper and darker.

I look at them both blankly as I inhale the smoke again.

"He sent me a message threatening Layla's life," I replied my voice getting deeper and darker as I spoke. 

I feel the anger rising again in me.