19| devil

──・・𖥸・・──

──・・𖥸・・──

All Selene does is look at me. "I tried to tell you."

Then she opens the door. And I'm running. Running up the stairs. Running into my room.. Retreating into the bathroom. Arming myself with a blow dryer. And preparing myself to come face to face with the devil incarnate. I've only got one more option, now. And I feel like it's the only option that'll save me at this moment.

As soon as he picks up, I don't spare a moment. "Hudson, he's here."

"What?" His voice is groggy, like he just woke up from a nap. "Who's where, Dove?"

"Mick's here," I whisper frantically. "He's in my house, I need your help."

"I'll be there soon." It's like a switch flipped. He went from sleepy and distracted to attentive in a matter of seconds. Even with the reassurance that he's coming, a little bit of my heart cracks when he hangs up.

I feel pathetic. Hiding in my bathroom, my only weapon is a hair dryer. I don't know what else I can do, though. What else is there to do? I know that if he finds me, he's not going to let me go. Not nearly as easily as he did last time. I'm terrified.

In the eerie quiet of the house, the creaking of each stair step sounds like a cacophony of suffering. It sends shivers down my spine and has my head swimming with repressed memories of every single time he hurt me.

"Dove!" His voice rings in my ears. I feel like I'm gonna get a migraine.

The door opens. I can hear him walking around my room, flinging the closet doors open. He's going through everything in my room. Searching for me. This hairdryer isn't going to do anything. What am I gonna do? Blow him away. Please. He's not paper.

I can hear his footsteps. One after another. Approaching the bathroom door. I need a plan, and I need it fast, throw the hairdryer in his face and make a run for it. Do I have enough time to crawl out of my bathroom window? I know for a fact that I don't, it's just a thought.

The door opens.

There he is.

My blood feels like ice. His disgusting smile has the hairs on my arms standing up. "I finally found you," he coos.

It feels like my heart is going to explode in my chest, but a moment's hesitation could cost me so much. The moment he reaches out toward me, I throw the hairdryer in his face and duck under his arms. I hear him grunt but unfortunately for me, it doesn't deter him. Mick grabs my waist and drags me back into the bathroom, pinning me against the wall, my face pressed against the plaster. He runs his hands over every inch of my body. My legs, my arms, my stomach, my shoulders. He's twisting my hair between his fingers. I think I might vomit.

What do I do?

What do I do?

What do I...

I manage to glance upward. The one mistake he made, the variable he never accounted for. The window. I might not be able to escape out of it, not with him groping every inch of skin, but there is one thing I can do.