25| relax

──・・𖥸・・──

──・・𖥸・・──

"Dove!" Emma bursts into my room, her brown hair flowing behind her. Off to the side, I see Adonis wave at me.

If I had been sleeping, it would have been a rude awakening, but it's still startling regardless of the fact that I've been up for a few hours. "Mhm?"

"Me and Addi were thinking that we should have a girl's day, free from the boys. You in?"

I can't remember the last time I just had a girl's day that I enjoyed. Maybe high school. Usually, Selene would just tell me we were going somewhere and if I dared to argue, I would reap the consequences. At every turn, Emma has been a better friend to me these past few weeks than Selene has for the past decade. "Sure, what did the two of you have in mind?"

"I figured we could head out to Coastal Grand, go to the spa and shop, then go get lunch. That sound good to you?" Adonis chimes in.

"Sounds like a plan, I'll meet you guys downstairs, alright?"

The girls nod and leave me to my own devices.  I don't need to do much, just grab my phone and purse then head downstairs. As I'm making my way down, Hudson's on his way up. I smile and wave at him on the way to the door, but he meets me halfway.

"Where are you off to?" he asks.

"On a girl's trip with Adonis and Emma." I feel like my excitement doubles now that I'm so close to the door. Never in my life have I wanted Hudson to move as much as I do right now.

He must sense how much I want to get out of here, because he steps to the side so I can get past him. "Well, I'll see you when you get back, okay?"

Even though both of us should be moving, we just stare at each other as if waiting for the other to do something. But it's not coming. And I need to go. "Bye, Sunny."

I keep thinking "I don't know what just happened" as I head out to Emma's BMW. I didn't want to assume that Emma came from money, since she works at Victoria's Secret, but one look at that car and I know she does. I should ask why she would choose to spend her time working in a mall when she could literally be doing anything she wants.

\

"Finally! There you are!" Emma exclaims once I'm in the backseat.

Adonis turns around and smiles at me. "We were worried you fell in the toilet or something."

"That's not true. I knew that she was falling, but not in a toilet," Emma gives me a knowing smirk and I try my best not to blush.

"You guys are the worst," I tease.

The drive to Coastal Grand isn't too bad at this time in the morning. If we had left a little earlier or a little later, we could have been sitting in traffic for hours. It's kind of funny. I started on this path at this very mall, and here I am again, a month and a half later. The only difference is I actually adore the people I'm with. For once my input matters. If I had told them I didn't want to come, they would have respected my decision. If I had suggested going to a different place, they would have compromised. They've honestly been so sweet, and I'm glad to know them.