27| mine

──・・𖥸・・──

──・・𖥸・・──

When I woke up this morning, I found a note taped to the front of my door asking me to come down to the basement at some point today. Alright then, I can do that. I quickly change into a shirt that ties in the front and a matching red skirt. I have shoes to go with it but honestly, I'm just going downstairs so I'm not worried about putting them on.

I find Hudson on the studio side of his bedroom, flipping through records. "What're you thinking about listening to?"

Hudson turns around and smiles at me. "Something I got exclusively for you."

"Oh? Like what."

He hands me a record with a bouquet of white roses on the cover with...my middle name on it. In big, sparkly red letters is "Camila." I look up at him, visibly confused and he smiles at me. "Go ahead and put it on the record player."

I pull the vinyl out of the cover and set it on the record player. I glance up at Hudson and he nods his approval. Well. Here goes nothing. And with that, I put the needle on the disk.

At first, it's just the guitar. It comes in quiet and slow. Then the drums, bass and keyboard come in. Lastly, there's Hudson's voice. I knew he could sing but I never heard his voice until now. It's like nothing I've ever heard before. Deep and rich, smooth as butter and filled with intense emotion. The second verse takes the wind out of me. "Camila, won't you stay with me?" That's what he said. That he wants me to stay

The bridge of the song brew dangerous emotions in me. "Please, stay with me. Make dreams reality, Camila, won't you stay with me?"

I could burst into tears right now. Not from sadness, but from joy. Nobody has ever done something so sweet, so genuine for me.

Once the song is done, I take the needle off the record and stare at Hudson. "You wrote this for me?"

It comes out as a whisper. I don't want him to think I hate it. I don't. I love it. I love my song.

"Yeah...what do you think?" Anxiety captivates his gaze and it hurts me that he thinks I could possibly hate such a beautiful memorial to me. I don't deserve something like this, something that could potentially be heard by the whole world one day. But it's mine, and I'm going to cherish it for as long as I live.

I'm acting on impulse as I push my body against his and bring his face down to mine. It's not the first time I've kissed him, but something about this feels different. It feels like if I'm not careful, if we're not careful, we might just devour each other. I'm not against it though.

It's impossible to form a coherent thought. I feel breathless and like I might burst at the seams. I've never felt like this, it's terrifying but I'm slowly becoming addicted to the adrenaline brought about by what I'm coming to identify as unadulterated lust. Hudson's tongue slides against my bottom lip, so slowly it might just drive me insane. Instinctually, my lips part, giving him the opening he was hoping for.