1.10

[1.10]

Problems

"This is bad, this is very, very bad..."

Rae was walking around the grounds of Tenzin's house. After finding out Tarrlok was Yakoone's son and that the councilmembers have been kidnapped by the equalists, her nerves were spiking up.

The wind blew in her hair, her white locks were flowing through the air freely. Her old police uniform stood heavy on her shoulders. The badge that was once attached to her uniform was in her pocket, along with some shuriken stars.

The Guardian was asked to remain at the Air Temple Island with Lin and Tenzin's family. Even though Lin was already tasked with keeping them safe, Korra thought it'd be better if the Guardian would also protect them. At first, she was skeptical but Korra reassured her that she would come back.

Rae's green eyes followed the equalist's every move. They were getting closer to the island.

"Everyone, hide inside and remind calm," commanded Lin when they saw the equalists ship right above them.

Both Lin and Rae were surprised when they heard Pema scream. Both turned around and Lin said, "Pull it together Pema! Didn't I just say, 'remain calm'?"

Rae looked at the woman with worry. She was clutching her belly and the Guardian's eyes widened.

"The baby's coming!"

Lin turned to look at her daughter and pointed to Pema while the children and other women came to help, "Can you help her?"

Rae frowned, looking from Pema to her mother. "The only birth I've been to is my own!" she exclaimed with wide eyes, "I have no idea how to help! You're the one that should know, you gave birth to me!"

Lin sighed and looked away from Pema when multiple women approached her. Rae followed her mother's actions, waiting for the equalists. They saw them running in the distance. Both women prepared themselves.

When they got close enough, Lin threw one of her metal cables, knocking two unconscious. Rae took two stilettos from her waist and threw them at an equalist, pinning him to a building before trapping him in the earth.

The two women continued to fight. Lin knocked out a few equalists, while Rae used her weapons to trap them. From the corner of her eyes, she saw electricity hit her mother, making her fall. With a strong blast of fire, she knocked down the three men trying to catch her and threw another knife at the one that electrocuted her mother.

He hissed in pain when it gazed at his shoulder and turned around.

"Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"

Rae's eyes widened when she saw Jinora on her glider. With a blast of air, she threw the equalists behind one of the buildings. Rae smiled but worry flooded her stomach when she saw both Ikki and Meelo arrive.

"Get off our island!"

"Taste my fury!"

The Guardian turned to her left and created sparks in her hands while Ikki and Meelo took care of the men around Lin. She sent the lightning towards two equalists, smirking when they fell.

After a few more moments, Rae walked around the unconscious equalists and tied their hands while Lin was talking to the children. She could hear her authoritarian voice as she scrolled them for helping and possibly getting hurt, but Rae smiled when she saw the corners of the ex-Chief point up.