17- awkward ahah...

I woke up with people around me, I couldn't make out who they were because my vision was still blurry. I shook my head and blinked a few times and finally saw. Ladybug, Chat Noir and Luka.

"Are you okay?" The skinny girl grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

"Yeah..." I lied rubbing my head. It felt like a hurricane was passing through it. I looked around confused, suddenly not remembering anything of the past hour "What happened?"

"You were akumatized but everything's fine now." Chat Noir smiled at me. I smiled back in confusion.

"Anyways, we have to go." Ladybug turned to Luka "Can you make sure he gets home safely?"

"Yes! Yes, I'll do that" He was visually shaken up. The superheroes went away, leaving me and Luka in silence.

After a while, he finally spoke.

"How are you feeling?"

"I don't know... I can't believe I was akumatized..."

"Y/n..." He looked down with a tint of guilt in his face. "It was because of me, wasn't it?"

I gulped. Here came the awkward talk that I ran away from before.

"No..." I tried convincing him that it wasn't because I was madly crushing on him and he just rejected me by talking about how much he loves another person. However, when I said it, he didn't look as convinced as I wished.

"Look, Y/n, if you want to talk about it-" His face screamed pity. He was about to give me the 'i don't like you that way' speech and I was not mentally ready for it.

"No! It's fine really, don't worry about it. I'll get over it in no time. Don't worry" I turned around, ready to make my way home. Unfortunately, I had no idea where I was so I had no other choice but to let Luka lead the way.

"Y/n, I'm so sorry. I didn't you know you felt that way-" He walked behind me, trying to catch up.

"IT'S FINE!" I felt my heart pound louder. This time it wasn't stupid crush feelings, it was anxiety. "Can you take me home please?"

He looked at me for a moment and then sighed.

"Yes"

We started walking down and up the streets. It was a long silent walk. I knew Luka had a lot to say but I wasn't ready to hear it. I kept walking with my head held up high, ignoring his sad looks, his pitiful eyes gazing at me once in a while to check if I was okay.

Once we got to my apartment door, we both stood in front of each other, not knowing what to say.

"Thanks" I looked down.

"Anytime" He raised his hand to pat my head but hesitated. Instead he just put his hand on my shoulder and then left. I breathed in and out, relieved that it was over. I opened my front door, entered the elevator and stared at my reflection in the elevator mirror while a calm jazz music played. My eyes were puffy and red. My hair messy and my face pale. I put my head down and gently hit it on the mirror wall. Too tired to even stress over it.

The doors opened on my floor and I walked to my apartment door. I took out my keys, put them in the keyhole and turned it. The moment the door unlocked, I heard a shout from inside. It was indistinctly my mom. The door burst open and she pulled me into the tightest hug, almost breaking my bones.

"OH MY BABY!! ARE YOU OKAY? ARE YOU HURT?" She kept bombarding me with questions, stopping me from being able to answer. She pulled me inside and threw me on the couch, sitting next to me right after.

"You arrive home late again, right after one of these superhero freak outs! Were you close to the bad guy? You're okay, right? They didn't hurt you, right?" She held my hand and tilted from one side to the other to search for scratches. I looked to her, not really knowing what to answer to that. In a mixture of anxiety, sadness and fear I sniffed and spoke quietly.

"I was the bad guy" Before I could say anything else tears started coming down like a waterfall. I sobbed loudly and then sobbed some more on my mom's shirt as she held me close.

"Oh baby..." She stroked my hair while sighing. I cried into her arms just like a toddler.

"I'm sorry- I-I-" My words were coming out as hiccups while I tried to catch my breath "I didn't mean to hurt anyone"

"Shhhh, it's fine, it's fine. Don't worry about it now" Her words offered me a comforting warmth.

Some long minutes passed of me letting it all out and my mom caressing my hair. After I was finally dry of tears I looked up to her.

"Do you want to explain to me what happened?"

"I just had a bad moment and then some voice appeared and then a big headache... I don't remember much, I just remember feeling angry and sad. Then I woke up with Ladybug and Chat Noir in front of me asking me if I was okay..."

"Ladybug and Cat- who?" Even after all the time in Paris, she still didn't know the name of the iconic heroes of the city.

"The red girl and black cat boy"

"Oh, yes, yes, I see..." Somehow that was enough for her to picture them in her head.

"And that's it"

"That must have been really scary... But why were you feeling bad?" She reached out for my hand. I gulped.

"No special reason... Just feeling bad"

"If you don't tell me I can't help" She gave me the classic mom stare.

"I don't want to talk about it" I looked away from her piercing gaze. I heard her sigh.

"Fine... Ugh, I knew this city was too dangerous!" She yelled at the ceiling. "It's decided, after-school you are coming home right away. And weekends will be spent either here or at your dad's work"

"WHAT?!" My eyes opened wide and my mouth fell open. I couldn't believe what she was saying, it was so unfair and uncommon for her to make such rash decisions.

"Yes, you heard me. I'm sorry but your well being is my priority. And it should be yours too" She puffed out her chest and crossed her arms over it.

"You're kidding! You can't do this!"

"Yes, I can. I'm your mother and I care about you!" She looked at me and cupped my face with her sturdy hands. Then her tone shifted to a gentle and caring one but still demanding. "I can't risk you getting hurt like this anymore baby"

"But mom-"

"But nothing. I'm going to talk to your father when he gets home and we'll discuss this further. But for now you are not leaving this house until Monday morning comes."

I got up angry. With so much to say, I ended up not saying anything and storming out to my room. I jumped to my bed and grabbed my phone while curling up in a ball. I noticed the hundred of notifications right away.

Luka:
"Hey, just checking in if you're okay. If you need anything just call."

Juleka:
"Y/n, I'm here if you want to talk"

Nathaniel:
"WAS THAT YOU IN THE NEWS?! Are you okay?! Were you akumatized?!"

Marc:
"Y/n! What happened???? Please text back!"

Rose:
"Hi Y/n,
I hope you're doing fine. I care a lot about you and I wish you the best!"

Sister:
"Looool! I just saw you in the news! Cool outfit!! How did you get powers? I want some too!!"

I sighed and turned off my phone. It was too much to do and too little energy to do it. I rolled around to stare at the empty wall. In the silence of the room, my head talked over itself with a million different thoughts. Mentally and physically tired, I decided to close my eyes. And like that, I slowly drifted to an empty sleep.