Chapter 3: White-Haired Daddy?!

Gabriella

"I can't really believe that my brother is already getting married!" I huffed as I quickly paid for the jewelry that I bought from the store. 

"Thank you, madame! Please come back" The salesperson told as I went outside of their store. I didn't bother to reply because it is not necessary.

Tomorrow will be the wedding of my brother and Maria Eleonor. My brother said that if I want to attend their wedding. I at least need to wear some formal attire and jewelry. 

Actually, I have some formal dresses at home but they are too small for me because it's been a year since I wore those kinds of clothing.

Gabriella's face is top-notch, so I don't need to buy some makeup. Thanks to my parent's genes, I will live as a beauty even if I will wear a rag. Although it's quite troublesome because I have to deal with my suitors...

"Gab!" I heard a woman called my name. A beautiful woman with ocean blue hair called me. She is waving her hands for me to notice her. "Gab! Come here!" 

I sigh as I went in her direction. "Hello, Melissa. What do you need?" I asked the blue-haired woman. Her deep blue eyes sparkled while she is looking at me. "Here we go again" I whispered.

"You're brother is getting married! When will you going to marry me?" She held my hands and brought them to her cheeks. "Gabby? Marry me please?" I rolled my eyes on her as I pulled my hands away from her.

Melissa is one of our loyal benefactors. Although she looks like a cute little lass, she is actually sly in business. Her brother, Leonardo is an influential person at the merchant guild and in the world of business.

I met them when I ran away from our household. Their parents are the ones who help us at that time but of course, I also paid them with my knowledge and their family became more influential, I also used their connections to successfully hide from my father.

Ah, look at them. Their children became successful now. 

"I won't marry you, little lass. Go and find a handsome man to marry you. I am straight" I replied to her.

Melissa pouted her lips as she looks at me. "You're harsh. Whenever I am asking you to marry me, you're always saying that. Whenever you order some stuff from me, you're always sending that winter-faced woman to come instead. You are avoiding me"

"You mean my future sister-in-law?" I asked. "Maria isn't that cold, stop calling her winter-faced"

"But she is to me! Gabby! That white-haired woman is so-so-so cold towards me. She would often glare her icy eyes on me as if she's telling me to back off!" Melissa crossed her arms. "I thought she'll become my rival to you, Good thing that your brother will marry her tomorrow"

I mentally chuckled when Melissa began to complain to me. The truth is she's right about me avoiding her. I am purposely sending Maria whenever I order things to Melissa.

The reason is pretty obvious. Melissa is a bit... Lesbian? 

Whenever she sees me, she will always ask my hands in marriage. She said that I am the prettiest human in her eyes. An angel who came down from heaven, even her brother Leanardo finds it weird. 

However, even Melissa acts like this. She is kind and precious. I also think that she is not really in love with me. She only finds me as a friend with whom she doesn't want to be separated with.

I placed my hands on her head "Whatever you say" I said. "I'll be going now, We have to prepare for tomorrow. You and your family are invited to Gabriel's wedding." I said as I tapped her head gently.