Chapter Fifty-Six

Chapter fifty-six

Sahil took a deep breath after disconnecting the call. He turned around and found Srishti's eyes trained on him with a 'I-know-something-is-wrong' look.

Aditya and Zevah were busy playing with Ayaansh but Sahil knew he had to tell what was going on.

"There is a problem." He blurted out and watched Srishti tensed visibly, Aditya looked at him with a serious face while Zevah was now anxious.

"Vishal Saxena was granted bail just few hours ago and he's now not traceable." He announced causing Srishti to freeze in fear. Sahil clenched his jaw seeing the fear in her eyes and so he walked towards her, taking her hand in his.

"Nothing will happen, Srishti. I'm here and he won't be able to harm you as long as you stay inside. You're getting it? Don't leave the house in any circumstances." He said sternly and she felt her heart racing.

"Where are you going?" She questioned with a slight tremor in her voice, her hold on his hand tightening.

"I have to make some arrangements. I'll be back soon, I promise." He assured her but she wasn't convinced.

"Besides, Aditya is coming with me. You, Ayaansh and Zevah stay here. Don't step out even if you get a call as absurd as me getting into an accident, alright?" Sahil tried to joke but she didn't even smile causing him to sigh.

Aditya nodded at Zevah and got up followed by Sahil. Srishti pulled Ayaansh on her lap, as she watched them leave.

Sometimes she hated that they didn't have a normal relationship but she couldn't regret even for a moment.

────────

Ayaansh was asleep on the bed, Srishti sitting on the right and Zevah on the left. It had been an hour since they left and there was not even a message from them.

"Srishti, we need to be alert. Everything will be fine." Zevah said seeing her lost in her thoughts. She was scared herself but needed to be strong for her bestfriend.

"I just ─I feel this is all my fault, Zevah. I shouldn't have wandered in that unknown place and I shouldn't have talked with him." Srishti hated it because she had pined Vishal to be a good person.

She ignored all those red flags when she felt uncomfortable with his smile and stares. What was she going to do now?

"Don't be stupid. Just because we talk to someone nicely doesn't mean we gave them wrong signals. Some men are bastards who can't take a 'no' for an answer. Srishti, if you will show him your fear, he will take it as an advantage for himself. So stop being scared." After Zevah's mini speech, Srishti gave her a blank look.

"Should I give you an award for this pep talk?"

Zevah shrugged in return. "I don't mind." Both let out a chuckle after that, shaking their heads.

"But, I know you are right. It's just that I'm scared for Ayaansh. I don't want him to even lay his eyes on my baby." She knew that even if he so much as tries to harm Ayaansh, she won't hesitate to kill him.

"Alright, let's just talk about something else. All these depressing talks are going to make me old faster." Zevah frowned and Srishti rolled her eyes.