Wish You Were Gay

All of Kakarot's friends, yes including myself, are sitting down in front of a dimly lit stage, waiting eagerly for the savior to come out and 'serenade' us.

"Y'know, this is Goku's first performance. It wouldn't kill you to stop looking so mean. He did personally invite you." I roll my eyes at the short bald man, not even attempting to hide my irritation.

"Yeah, Vegeta c'mon. This is really important to him. Even if you don't want to be here, at least pretend like you do."

Is Bulma's weakling trying to make me even more upset? I struggle not to snap at him by saying nothing at all, digging my nails slightly into my forearms. Shooting a dark glare at him though, he chuckles nervously with his hands up in surrender, facing away from me.

"They're both right. Either drop the attitude or leave. Goku doesn't need anyone here that won't fully support him." Hmph. Three eyed fool.

"I heard you. Now shut up." My attitude is apart of who I am, even these idiots knew that.

I uncross my arms, leaning back in my seat to give off the appeal that I was here as a supportive ally. My face is still in its regular scowling manner. This is all that they're getting and if they don't like it, that's too fucking bad.

"And now ladies and gentlemen, please welcome a newcomer to the stage. Son Goku!" Finally. I'm just ready to get this over with.

Cheers and applause erupts all around me, both from his friends and people I had never seen a day in my life. It darkens a little more, the only light visible is a bright spotlight now.

The clown comes out, a guitar strap hanging snugly around his neck. The noise settles down and Kakarot takes his place in the middle of the stage, sitting down on a wooden stool.

"Thank you. I'm uh heh not really good at these types of things but a friend suggested that I do this so... here goes." Turning the guitar around so that it was facing his audience, he begin to strum softly and for some reason... It felt like he was staring right at me.

'Baby, I don't feel so good. Six words you never understood.
I'll never let you go. Five words you'll never say.
I laugh along like nothing's wrong, four days has never felt so long.
If three's a crowd and two was us, one slipped away.'

I'm entranced, though I hate admitting it at this idiot's smooth voice. It sends shivers through me, how passionate and in the moment he sounds right now. There's a brief pause and we maintain awkward, shy eye contact with each other until he looks away, signaling some guys to his left to hit the drums in front of them.

'I just wanna make you feel okay.
But all you do is look the other way.
I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't wanna stay.
I just kinda wish you were gay.'

Suddenly, the spotlight flicks off of Kakarot and focuses all its attention on me. What the hell...?

Still with the light drums playing in the background, he begins to walk off the stage. I feel glued to my seat as he comes closer and closer. My breath hitches in my throat, this fool is down on one knee in front of me, strumming away.

'Is there a reason we're not through?
Is there a 12-step just for you?
Our conversation's all in blue.
Eleven heys.
Ten fingers tearing out my hair.
Nine times, you never made it there.
I ate alone at seven, you were six minutes away.'

Standing up, he motions for the drummers to stop and he stops playing his instrument as well. He crouches, he's close enough that I smell his musky scent and I involuntarily shudder. Fuck, what was actually happening?

He starts singing again with that stupid, naive smile. No microphone, no background help. This was for me, specifically and he wanted everyone to know. Like they didn't already when he put the damn spotlight on me. But this became a bit more intimate.

'How am I supposed to make you feel okay?
When all you do is walk the other way?
I can't tell you how much I wish I didn't wanna stay.
I just kinda wish you were gay.'

He leans closer in, our faces inches apart. Oh Gods is he trying to kiss me? "I just kinda wish you were gay." He sang softly for a final time, so soft in fact, that I was probably the only person who heard it.

"YOU GO, GOKU! WOOOOO!!!!" The bald man screeched in pure joy, prompting everyone around him to do the same. Kakarot smirks at me before strutting off.

'We're training later.' He telepathically states as his friends bombard him. I eye him suspiciously, waiting for him to elaborate on everything that happened or at least look at me again but he doesn't. I could tell from the tone. That wasn't a question.

I'm rigid, chewing on my lip. Fucking Kakarot. He couldn't just proclaim his feelings in private. Finally mustering up the strength to leave, I don't sneak any more glances at him.

We'd be training later and I had this gnawing feeling that it wouldn't be all we would be partaking in.