5.

Giovanni in the MM

Giovanni in the MM

Madison

"What?" He spat, slightly pushing me off of him as I felt myself about to cry.

"Madison." He called out for me while I slowly stood to my feet, getting out of the bed.

"Baby." He called again, getting out of the bed as well as he made his way over to me.

"Yo-" He started but stopped as I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

This was so touchy for me and if it was true, it hurts because it's not something I could change. It's my skin, I didn't ask to be born with darker skin. And she would hate me forever, there was nothing I could do.

Then what would that mean for our babies? They'd most likely have darker skin too. Even if they didn't, would it be a gamble for their grandma to like them?

Based on skin.

"Madison." Gio spoke sternly to me, turning his head away so that he wouldn't have to see my tears.

He hated when I cried and I usually tried not to but this hurt to talk about.

"I don't want to make things hard Gi but I think I heard her say that."

"And if so, it changes a lot of things.." I trailed off as he wiped my tears with the pads of his thumbs.

His tall figure towered over me while I awaited his response to my accusations and he shook his head in disgust.

"Baby."

"I don't know what you heard-"

"—but she ain't say that shit." He finally spoke, instantly easing my mind.

"She would never say no shit like that about you because it doesn't matter."

"You're beautiful."

"Everything about you."

"Your skin, your face, your lips, baby, your body.." He trailed off, trailing his hands down my waist.

"Everything, mamí."

"I love everything about you."

"And she'd never say that, okay?" He went on reassuring me like the great man he is and he wiped my tears again, pulling me in for a tight hug.

The hug lasted long and honestly I needed it because now I was even more embarrassed that I'd even think something like that.

About his mother at that. When she has black children by a black man.

Maybe I'm just being insecure. I thought to myself, calming myself down.

"I'm sorry." I ended up saying and he shook his head, bending down to leave kisses upon my lips, making me be quiet.