(19) Acceptance

Get your popcorn, this is a long chapter :D

I wanted to say a quick THANK YOU to everyone who reads my chapters, votes for them or comments on them. I appreciate you all so much, thank you for reading this story <3
Also, I have two quick questions:

1. Do you want me to add a word count? I've seen this in other books but I wasn't sure if I should do it. For example this chapter has 3768 words, are you interested in seeing the number of words under every chapter?

2. I've had an idea for another book which I would really like to write. Would you read a story from me that is not a fanfiction? Please tell me in the comments :)

Now I hope you like the chapter, feel free to leave a vote or a comment if you want to :)
Enjoy!

The days went by without Clay realising it.

No sign from George, no further message, no more meet ups.

It was like the Prince just disappeared, as if he never actually existed.

But of course he was still there, the only thing that seemed to have disappeared was the friendship between him and Clay.

It felt like they never met, as if they were just strangers, one a Prince, the other one a servant. Nothing more.

The first days Clay could not sleep while feeling anxious about what Nick had said about Karl and the Rebellion, how they were planning to kidnap George or do any harm to him.

He remembered the morning after a night without any sleep when he furiously ran into Darryl's office, yelling at his ROS for 5 minutes straight before Darryl could tell him that the Black Rebellion had nothing to do with the disappearance of George.

Clay had apologized- slightly embarrassed- and left the office.

The thought of something bad happening to George made him shiver and he more and more often caught himself just staring at his food until it was cold and inedible while his imagination of George being held hostage somewhere made him unable to move.

But George was still in the castle. He was safe at least. The Rebellion did not do anything to him.

But what happened then? Why would he not want to see Clay anymore?

Or did his fiancee, lovely lady Fulga, find out about their secret meetings?
Or his parents?

He had asked Darryl, but he had not heard of any drama in the royal family.

Quite the reverse, within the servants' section there were rumours going around that the wedding of Prince George and Fulga Fulmina would take place soon.

Could that be the reason George was avoiding him? Was he busy with the preparations?

He had told Clay that they were friends because Fulga did not understand him like Clay did.

Did that change? Did George and Fulga become so close that he simply did not need Clay anymore?

The last thought especially let his heart ache.

Or did the Prince find out about his spying on him?

No, surely not, he would have reported him in an instant and Clay would have woken up at the stake one day. Or something like this.

He had tried to visit George but of course no soldier would let him pass a door he was not supposed to go through. So he spent hours lingering around the entrance of the royal section, earning critical looks from the orange eyed guards.