─ ¹⁰. LITTLE RAY OF PITCH BLACK, MALLOY

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎 *•. ┄┄

𝒉𝒐𝒈𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒊𝒔𝒕

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"Today's not bad . . . outside all morning," said Ron, who was running his finger down the Monday column of his schedule. "Herbology with the Hufflepuffs and Care of Magical Creatures . . . damn it, we're still with the Slytherins. . . ."

"Double Divination this afternoon," Harry groaned, looking down.

"You should've quit. The old hag and her class are utter bullshit," said Hermione with a snort.

There was a sudden rustling noise above them, and a hundred owls came soaring through the open windows carrying the morning mail. Hermione didn't even look up, it wasn't like she was going to get a letter; she didn't send Vader to anyone. So it took her by surprise when a letter dropped in her (now) empty plate. She frowned at it, but her confusion was immediately replaced by a growing smile on her face as she looked at who it was from. She turned to Ginny who was a couple of seats away and grinned.

"Oi! Gigi!" She called; Ginny turned her head to her, "He owled me!" 

Ginny stared at her for a couple of seconds, seemingly processing her words and finally understanding Hermione, the redhead's eyes went wide and she gaped at her. Ginny proceeded to dart from her seat, making some heads turn at the sudden movement, and she took a seat next to Hermione making the students next to the curly-haired witch scootch over.

"Who owled you?" Harry asked her and she finally noticed him, Ron, Dean, Seamus, Neville, Lavender, Parvati, Angelina, Fred and George, Lee, basically everyone around them looking over. Hermione bit her lip and was about to answer when Ginny burst it out.

"Aidan Lynch!" she said excitingly and their mouths all fell open.

"Aydan Lynch owled you?" Lavender asked with a frown, giving Hermione a one over as if she couldn't understand why on Earth a guy would look in Hermione's way.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hermione asked and Lavender went slightly pink and turned away.

"Read it out loud!" Seamus encouraged her and Hermione grinned again and opened the letter.

Dear Hermione,

It's Aidan Lynch, we met at the World Cup. I must say I'm sorry about my first impression. Coming out as dazed and broken wasn't really a choice. I'd do it again, thougheven if not injured.

Angelina and Ginny let out a giggle at this and the guys scowled.

You were quite intriguing and I'm not the only one who thinks so. The whole team said to give you their hellos and hope you are fine. I really hope to get to know you, maybe we could owl more often—unless I'm busy with games; you'll have to excuse me because Quidditch doesn't stop. Well, there isn't much I can say, seeing as I don't actually know you all too well.