Chapter 32: The Plan Goes To Shit

1 week later...

There's a knock at my door but I ignore it, too focused on painting my room with the paints I got for Christmas.

The door opens and Sumo perks his head up from my bed as Connor walks in.

"(Y/n) you should be... wow."

I look at him and smirk before going back to painting as he walks over to me and looks around the room. I decided to paint my room with all my favorite characters from different shows.

"This is amazing," Connor says as he gawks at the paintings.

"Yeah not bad for someone with only one functional arm."

Connor smiles down at me, smiling at how peaceful and relaxed I look. I put down my paint and turn to fully look at him.

"What were you saying before?" I ask with a tilt of my head.

"You should be in class. The zoom session started ten minutes ago."

I roll my eyes. "I hate it though," I whine. "It's not like I pay attention anyway."

"I know it's a hard transition but you should still join the class out of respect."

I sigh, hanging my head down in defeat. "Fine."

I walk out of my room and Sumo hops right off my bed and follows me into the living room. A laptop was already placed and ready to go on the coffee table in front of the couch. I plop down and Sumo hops right up, laying down and resting his head on my lap. I smile down at him and stroke his soft fur before focusing back on getting into the zoom call with my class.

When I get on Ms. Parker is in the middle of talking about the solar system when she notices I joined.

"(Y/n)! Nice of you to finally join us!" She greets with a bright smile. "I hope you're doing better."

I nod. "Yeah. I can talk a little more without coughing every single time." I chuckle a bit but I think I jinxed it because I start coughing.

Connor is by my side in a flash with a glass of water which I take graciously. I nod my thanks to him and take a few sips which helps ease my throat. I set the glass down once I'm done.

"I had to say something."

Ms. Parker lets out a little chuckle and fills me in on what she was teaching. I try to stay tuned in but my mind starts drifting back to Aidan. So far we almost have a full plan but we're missing a few details.

(Y/n), you still with us?" Ms. Parker asks, snapping me out of my thoughts just as I finished up the plan.

"Yeah, no um... I gotta go." I say and hang up before she can protest.

I nudge Sumo, indicating him to get up. He lifts his head from my lap to look at me and I get up and run to Dad's room where him and Connor are conversing.

"Hey kiddo. I thought you were in class." Dad says.

I shake my head. "That's not as important as catching Aidan. I finished the plan."

They both look at me in shock.

"What? Are you serious?" Dad asks.

I nod. "Yeah. I went over it in my head and there's no way for him to escape."

...

Connor and I walk into the restaurant and take a seat in a booth by the corner.

Step one of the plan, get Aidan's attention. Since Connor and I are known by people because we helped in the Android revolution, someone's bound to post us on the internet with our location which Aidan can use to find us. The next step is to wait for him. Gavin, Dad, Rupert, Markus, North, Josh, and Simon are in the restaurant with us wearing disguises. They're in a booth in the corner on the other side of the restaurant.