Chapter 44

Mayas Pov:

"Hey guys." I say and when Avery looks at us her eyes widen.

"Zara?!" She exclaims before literally jumping onto her to hug her.

"Avery, hey!" Zara laughs while wrapping her arms around her too.

I glance over to Victoria, who's glaring at Zara so hard. Damn she's jealous. I probably be too if I didn't know who she is.

After a few seconds they pull away and Zara let's Avery down again. When she turns around to look at Victoria she can't help but laugh.

"Aww, don't be jealous." Avery chuckle before cupping her cheeks and giving her a soft peck.

"Zara, this is Victoria, my girlfriend. Babe, this is Zara, my cousin." She says and Victorias eyes widen.

"Oh..." she mutters, making us laugh.

"Um..it's nice to meet you." Victoria says and Zara smiles.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Just have to say..damn you're really hot."  She adds, which makes Victoria laugh.

Of course it's her again..

Why is every girl I like into Victoria?

"Hey!" Avery exclaims, which makes Zara laugh.

"I-I need to go back to my dorm." That's the last thing I say before quickly walking away.

Next to Victoria I never have a chance with anyone..

Avery's Pov

"Well that was weird." Victoria says and I hit her arm at that.

"We should go after her." Connor says and I nod.

*****

We're now back at the college and I'm on my way to Mayas dorm, while the others are waiting in Victorias and mine. I knock on the door and after a few seconds Maya opens it. But as soon as she sees me she tries to close the door again but I stop her.

I walk in and she closes the door behind me with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" I ask worried but she doesn't answer.

"Maya."

"Why is every girl I like into Victoria?" She asks, which caught me off guard.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused but my eyes slowly widen.

"Wait..do you like Zara?" I ask shocked and she blushes immediately.

"Oh my god, you do!" I exclaim happily but then slowly start to frown.

"But what do you mean by every girl you like is into Vic?" I ask confused but then my eyes widen in realization.

"Because Zara called Victoria hot?" I say and Maya looks down ashamed.

"Maya you're reading too much into it.." I tell her and she sighs.

"I know, it's just..I never had this wow effect with someone before." She says, which makes me smile.

"You got it really bad, huh?" I ask with a smirk and she blushes at that.

Then someone suddenly knocks on the door. Maya takes a deep breath and then opens the door.

"Zara, h-hey." She stutters, which makes me turn around with a smirk.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Zara asks and then looks back to me.

"In private?" She adds and I nod.

"I'll see you guys later." I say and patt Maya on the shoulder before walking out.

Mayas Pov:

"So um..what's up?" I ask shyly as I sit down on my bed.

"Well..I just wanted to check on you." Zara answers and then sits down next to me.

"You walked away so suddenly. Was it because of what I said?" She asks, which makes me look at her.

"When I said Victoria is hot? I mean..yes, she's attractive but not my type. I'm more into girls like..like you." She explains, making me look down while blushing deeply.

"I like that you're shy, it's cute." Zara says, which just makes me blush more.

"Stoop!" I groan embarrassed while covering my face with my hands.

But she just laughs at me, so I punch her arm, not hard though. "Well I actually thought about asking you out but now I might change my mind." She says, making me gasp.

"Why not anymore?" I ask but she just shrugs.

"You punched my arm." Zara answers with a pout and I whine.

"Oh c'mon! It didn't even hurt." I reply but she just snorts.

"How would you know?" She asks, on which I glare at her.

"Well I guess you won't go out with me then." I say before getting up and walking towards my closet.

"Maya." Zara calls me but I ignored her.

I don't even know why I'm so...mad right now.

"Maya, don't be mad at me." Then I suddenly feel two arms around my waist, which makes me jump.

"Go out with me, please." Zara begs as she puts her chin on my shoulder.

"You don't waste time on body contact, huh?" I ask nervously and she chuckles at that.

"Well I surprisingly feel very comfortable with you already." She answers and I can't help but smile at that.

"So..will you go out with me?" She asks again and then pulls away from me, so I can turn around to look at her.

"Hm..well..what's in for me?" I ask teasingly, which makes her groan.

"Well..if it goes well you'll get a lot of kisses." Zara says with a smirk and I blush at that.

"That's um..that's a very good reason to go out with you.." I mumble shyly, making her chuckle.

"So..how about we go back to your friends now, huh?" She suggests and I nod.

"Yeah.."