Panic at the cut

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I had been looking for hours for little Roe and I had been lucky. When dusk started to arrive I spotted her near the cut. She looked down at the water with curiosity. "Roe?" I softly called out. Her head snapped towards me and fear struck her green eyes as she stood upright. "No" she said in fear and shook her head. She told me not to come closer. I understood why she was afraid of me. So I had to find a way to make her trust me again. I put my hands up to show her I wasnt going to hurt her while I said calming words to her. But everytime I took a step forward she took one back again. Her face was full of horror and I saw tears softly trail down her cheeks. I slowly pulled my coat back to grab something.

(Roe's P.O.V.)
I stayed completely still as I watched Mr Shelby grab something from the inside of his pocket. He then showed Mr Monty to me. I had dropped him by accident when I ran away. "If you want him. You have to come to me" Mr Shelby said and smiled friendly. He didn't seem scary when he said this. But I was still unsure. How can I trust someone that got so angry? I carefully took a step forward and he smilled at me while holding Mr Monty out to me.

 How can I trust someone that got so angry? I carefully took a step forward and he smilled at me while holding Mr Monty out to me

"That's it. Take your time" he whispered.

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
I let her take her time to reach me. Thankfully having Mr Monty it made her come to me. She was not far from me now, still taking pre-caution in stepping forward. I noticed something behind her and before I could react. Roe shrieked in terror as Nurse Angela had grabbed her arm. "Let her go" I growled out at the nurse. She scoffed at me while shaking her head "dont think so". She started to rant about that I was not Roe parent-to-be. All the while she gave her speech, Roe tried to get free. Trying to pull her arm out the grip. But I could see in her eyes she got desperate. Suddenly Angela took a hold of her face. Squeezing it tightly in her larger hand. Roe squirmed in the grip. "Cause a child like her doesnt deserve a parent" Angela said squeezing even harder. Before I had even had taken a step forward to free Roe. She had freed herself and bit down on Angela's hand. "You Brat!" Nurse Angela loudly sneered. Then the worst thing you could imagine that can happen, actually happened. Everything either stopped or slowed down as I looked onto the scene that unfolded in front of me. Angela raised her hand and slapped Roe against the cheek. She stumbled a couple steps back from the force of the hit. "No!" I yelled out as Roe fell back into the water. As quick as I could I pulled my coat of and ran to the edge before jumping in. Panicked filled my stomach as I couldnt see her. "Roe!" I called out as I tried to find her in the muddy water "Roe! Where are you!". Tears started to form as I kept on my search. "Please. Where are you" I whispered as I swam around. "God fucking dammit!" I screamed in fear and anger and hit my arm against the water making it splash. Then my anger took over and my head slowly gazed over to nurse Angela. Who immediatly froze in fear. "You" I growled and made my way over to her. But I stopped when I noticed something in the corner of my eye. I tilted my head to the side as I watched multiple air bubbles pop ontop of the water. Then I snapped out of my state as I realized what it meant. I quickly made my way to the air bubbles before diving down. I felt something and grabbed a hold of it and pushed myself off. Breaking the surface of the water I gasped for air. Relief washed over me as I let out a sigh when I saw Roe. I quickly swam to the edge and pulled myself up the ridge. "Thomas!" It was aunt Poll that ran towards us with my brothers behind her. They helped me get out the water. As my knees connected with the stones I laid Roe down on her back. Her head fell to the side and her eyes where closed. She wasn't breathing. My fists clenched angry and I turned to Angela before stalking over to her. I could just shoot her, but she doesnt to be let go so quickly. She needed to suffer as much as Little Roe, my Little Roe. She was frozen to the spot but soon made a run for it but I was quicker. I once again grabbed her neck and slammed her against the brickwall behind her. My veins where cursed with an unimaginal desire for torture. "Tommy". It was the only thing that could snap me out of my state of evil. I turned my head and saw Aunt Pol with a certain look on her face. I knew that look and knew what it meant.

Published: 12th of May 2021