18 || a new year

I've changed this chapter because I have a different idea of how I want things to go for T and C atm. I hope you like it. We're skipping two months ahead. Aaaaah I have so many ideas for you guyssss. And thank you beyond words for 1k reads I can't fucking believe it! Please please please comment and vote it means the world to me. All my love and enjoy xo

3 years ago, January

Brooklyn, New York

"Cara! Cara! Cara!"

 A mob of camera's shoved in my face screamed at me, begging me to look at them, to say something scandalous, to give them something to write about. 

The flashes didn't scare me so much anymore, I learnt pretty quickly - with the help of my sister and a therapist, how to channel my adrenaline into a positive force.

I walked down the street holding onto my little sisters hand, Lucie, dragging her down the street to go to our dinner reservation. 

"This is crazy. Remember when we used to practise catwalks in your bedroom?" She asked me.

Remembering listening to Lady Gaga and instructing her on her walk made me laugh, ferociously. 

She tugged on my hand and winked. She started strutting and twirling me and herself around.

 Cameras were following us, but we didn't care anymore.

That's one thing Lucie always bought out of me, she reminded me who I was and why that was amazing.

"How's Timmy?" And. "Where's Timothée tonight Cara?" And. "Cara! Is it true you're dating Timmy?" 

And. "Did you guys breakup!"

"Cara! Cara! Cara!" 

They all jeered and yelled.

That's what did bother me, people were only interested in me because of T.

And there'll always be people who only know of me because of him, and I've made my peace with it now - as best as I can, but back then I was younger. 

I wanted more.

Once in the restaurant we sat indoors where we could shrug off our coats and get into a proper girls chat.

"You okay?" I asked her. She grinned, she always had so much confidence that girl.

"Of course. Are you?" She checked back in with me. 

I smiled and nodded. We ordered and once we got into our food so did we with the conversation.

"Sooo..." She begun, "when do I get to meet Timothée?" She sing-songed.

"Hmm. I don't know, we haven't seen each other too much recently?" She nodded to me to continue.

"We're both really busy, I mean he's fucking massive at the moment. He's doing so many things at once, don't get me wrong it's amazing - just not much alone time at the moment."

I shrugged. I stopped mid bite to gush over him. "You'll love him though, probably a bit too much. He's great."

"I hope so. You know he may be a movie-star but you're still my sister. Thee Cara Villin!" She said dramatically with pizza in hand nearly slapping me in the face with it.

"We're not official or anything though. Just having fun." I drifted off.

Every time I tried to explain T and I to anyone, Vivien, Lou, Adele or grandma, I always found myself confused. 

Not knowing quite what there was to explain as I myself didn't know what we were.

I just knew how he made me feel. And I loved it.

"Oh, why not serious?" Lucie questioned further. "Where is he tonight?"

"He's at a fitting tonight." I answered avoiding her first question, not knowing what answer to give.

"For what?" She asked twirling her straw in her drink.

"Some sort of event-thing, I don't know."

I grabbed a slice of pizza from her plate and she smacked my hand. "Shouldn't you be going? You know, with him? Like his date?"

The thought wondered around my head. "Nah, we're not that serious." I tried to brush her comment away.

She got the hint and went back to talking about how cool NYC was and how much she wanted us to move there. I nodded along with her previous words revolving around my head.

"I've been invited to something, do you wanna come? As my date, because we are at that serious?" She asked me.

"Sure, what is it?"

"It's a club opening next week, they won't care that we're not twenty-one, I know the girls who are running it, they're super cool and sweet, I met them at a few castings. 

Oh, by the way I got a few call-backs!" Lucie giggled along.

"Luce! That's amazing! Ah! I'm so proud of you," I held her hand and squeezed it, "Mum would be too." I smiled.

She smiled. "I know." We went back to eating and discussing how much life had changed, teasing each other - bickering, fighting a lot. Then all of a sudden.

"I'm so glad I have you." She stated with such sincerity, which was unusual for Lucie it made me stop and look at her. "Anyway. Let's go home, I'm stuffed. You're paying." She grinned at me like the cheeky bitch she was.

When I opened my purse there was my photo of T, a polaroid of Charles and I from that night, a lipstick mark from Vivien and that Ace. A small note T had written slipped into my hand.

I'm thinking of you. Always. Je promets. - Votre T x

His words caused a sly smile to crawl over my face. I closed my eyes and remembered who I would be going home to in just a few nights he'd be free, mine again.

You should know, I'm not impatient, but I also hate sharing. You can ask Lucie.

Lucie and I hugged each other and our coats to us, we left and hopped in a cab before any more camera's could go off.