26 | cabin in the woods

When Sky told me that she and Ian rented out a cabin in the woods to spend Christmas, I thought she was kidding

When Sky told me that she and Ian rented out a cabin in the woods to spend Christmas, I thought she was kidding. If it wasn't for the grin on her face, then it was the way she continuously poked my arm.

Turns out she was being serious — the cabin was rented out for the entire friend group: Sky, Cass, Frankie, Ian, Ty, Case, and me. Of course my mind is overrun with thoughts of what could possible happen in this time with Case and I being in the same vicinity of each other.

Ever since that dinner at his house, which was a day ago, my mind has been overridden with thoughts of him holding me like that again... kissing me...

We sent each other little texts here and there about the new information about the cabin, but other than that, we didn't really mention anything about what went down in his kitchen.

Honestly, I had to go home and take a cold —okay, not that cold — shower and drown myself in Drake and Kehlani.

And now, here we are — about to share a cabin for however many days with however many chances for either of us to make move. And I'm this close to being the one.

"Sooo?" Sky is propped up against the door jamb of the bathroom, watching me through the mirror as I fix my edges. I arch a brow at her.

"So what?" I question in confusion.

She scoffs and rolls her eyes, "Girl, what do you think?" She steps into the room and leans beside me on the counter, intrigued as I do a couple of swoops, "How do you think this weekend is gonna go?"

"Haha," I let out a dramatic chuckle and shake my head, "I don't know. We'll see."

Of course I told both her and Cass what happened and they were mad enough for me that he didn't follow through, but they got over it when I told them that he actually likes me. Now they just know it's a matter of time before something happens.

Speaking of Cass, she and Frankie are going to meet us at the cabin because they spent the night together.

Sky laughs, "I'm happy for you though. I could tell from the way he looked at you that he was feeling you and I'm glad he's acting on it. You changed his ways, baby girl."

I turn to her, "What are you talking about?"

"Ian told me he hasn't slept with anyone since he met you. And that's been four months." She sucks in a breath, "That man's balls must be bluer than some Hawaiian Punch."

I roll my eyes and try to rid the image of his blue balls from my mind and instead focus on the fact that he hasn't slept with anyone since he met me. I don't know if I should commend him or swoon.