55

You didn't know how much time had passed, but you could feel the powers hold on you becoming weaker with each passing minute. 

The barren landscape had blurred, and All For One's figure was fading in and out.

"It seems I was wrong, our time here will be coming to an end shortly." The villain said.

That had to mean that the blood was getting out of your system somehow, relief settled over you at the thought.

"Oh, thank god. Your hosting skills are terrible, I don't think I'll be coming back to visit your little power domain anytime soon."

Sarcasm was your only defense at the moment, and you could tell that it was beginning to piss him off.

"I do hope you realize that your defiance will only lead to the deaths of those that you care about. I thought after being the cause of your family's deaths and then your guardians, that you would realize how much better off you'd be if you simply complied."

"Screw you."

"Do you really care so little for the lives of your friends? I guess it would make sense, considering that none of them have come to save you."

You looked up, brows narrowing in suspicion. "What?"

"You were taken, remember? At this very moment, your body is in the presence of my League Of Villains."

He was trying to play mind games with you, trying to make you think that you'd been living in an illusion. 

"Trust me, Illusion wasn't powerful enough to make anything too elaborate. I'm perfectly sure in my reality, thanks." The words were a slight lie, but you couldn't let him think that he was getting to you.

All For One stormed forward, grabbing you by the collar of your shirt. "I grow tired of your attitude, daughter."

"Then just kill me already!" You shouted. "Pick a new successor and let me die!"

He chuckled and released his grip. "Asking for death? You're even more weak-minded than I thought."

The landscape was completely blurred out, and All For One's voice was scratchy and distorted.

"You've displeased me once again, daughter. Next time we meet you will be surrounded by the corpses of those that you care about, their deaths will be your doing."

"I'll kill you before you lay a finger on any of them." You swore it.

"How many deaths will it take for you to realize that resistance is futile? I will get what I want, you will meet your destiny as my successor."

His final words before your surroundings disappeared completely were difficult to hear. "You can't escape me, none of them can."

---------

You awoke with a gasp.

The place you were in was somewhere all-too-familiar, and you could feel the different devices that had been attached to your body as you struggled to breathe.

Your arms were shaking, everything in your vision was foggy, and no matter how hard you tried it seemed as though you weren't able to get enough air.

To your left, you could hear voices, but they sounded odd, distorted somehow.

Nausea rose in your stomach and you felt someone's hand on your shoulder.

A cold sweat had come over you and you pushed the hand away as you sat up. Rolling to the side of the bed, you managed to grab the small trashcan on the ground before your body emptied out the contents of your stomach.