Chapter 45

Averys Pov:

"How's Maya?" Oliver asks as I walk back inside my dorm.

"She's okay." I answer while sitting down on the bed next to Victoria.

"Okay..good." He mutters.

"So..what's going on between your cousin and Maya?" Victoria asks, so I look at her.

"Well..I think they're into each other." I answer with a shrug.

"And you don't have anything against that?" She asks, which makes me frown.

"Why would I? Because Zara's my cousin? As long as they're happy I don't care." I reply and then suddenly the door opens and Maya and Zara walk in.

"Hey guys.." Maya mumbles and Oliver immediately walks over to her and pulls her into a small hug.

"You okay?" He asks and she nods in response.

I love their friendship, it's so sweet. They always care so much about each other.

"So..what do you guys wanna do now?" Victoria asks as she lays down on her back.

"Wanna go to the cinema?" I suggest, which makes her sit up immediately.

She gasps. "Can we watch the new Demonslayer movie? I wanna yell 'Eren Jaeger!'" Victoria says, making us laugh.

"Well I'm okay with that, what about you?" Connor says and everyone agrees.

"Awesome! Then let's go!" Victoria cheers excitedly, which makes me smile.

"How can someone be so cute?" I ask myself but I guess she heard it because she turns around to look at me.

"I guess I'm just a natural." She jokes before leaning down to kiss me.

But then she suddenly picks me up and I chuckle while wrapping my legs around her waist. I lean down and press my lips against hers and I can feel her smile into the kiss, which makes me smile too.

"Okay lovebirds, enough. We wanted to go to the cinema, remember?" I hear Zara say, which makes me pull away.

"Fine." I groan and the others laugh at that.

*****

Mayas Pov:

We're now at the cinema and you can't notice that Victoria wanted to watch the movie because she's busy making out with Avery.

"Damn they really can't keep their hands off each other." Zara whispers, which makes me chuckle.

"Nope. It's annoying being the the only one who's single." I joke and she chuckles too while leaning her head against my shoulder.

"So it's normal that everyone is just making out?" She asks and I nod, making her snort.

"Damn, I'm sorry." She says and I smile a little at that.

I then glance down to her, catching her already smiling up at me. I immediately start blushing and quickly look away again, which makes her chuckle. Then suddenly I feel soft lips against my cheek, making my eyes widen instantly.

"You're cute." Zara mumbles but I just blush more and more.

"We should really go on that date.." I mutter and she chuckles at that.

"So..what exactly is the plot of this anime? I've never watched it." She asks but I just shrug.

"Well..I haven't watched it yet so I don't know." I reply and she snorts.

"Great that the only two who don't know the anime are actually watching the movie." Zara comments, which makes me chuckle.

"We can't even ask other people because no one except us are here. Oh well..and those two kids in the front but they're too far away." She says, making me chuckle again.

"Maybe we can't figure out the plot together?" I suggest and she nods.

"Yeah, let's do that."

*****

The movie is now over and the others really pretended like they actually watched the movie and didn't just make out the whole time.

"So..I gotta go." Zara says out of nowhere, which makes everyone look at her.

"Why? It's only 6pm." Avery asks with a small pout.

"Well..I have to work tomorrow morning and my cats are at home alone and probably need food." She answers and Avery nods before quickly hugging her goodbye.

"We'll see each other at Matthews wedding, right?" Zara asks and Avery nods with a smile.

"Who's going to be your date?" Avery asks with a grin and a raised eyebrow.

Zara glances over to me for a second before looking back to Avery. "We'll see." She replies with a small shrug.

The others then hug her goodbye too and now it's my turn. "Give me your phone." Zara says, which makes me frown.

"What?" I ask confused and she rolls her eyes.

"How am I going to text you without your number?" She asks and my eyes widen.

"Oh." Zara laughs at me and I quickly give her my phone.

She put her number in and then gave it back to me. "You better text me." She says, which makes me chuckle.

"I will." I tell her and she smiles at that.

"Good." Zara walks closer to me and wraps her arms around my waist.

I softly wrap my arms around her too. "I'll see you soon." She whispers in my ear before kissing my cheek.

My face immediately starts heating up and when she pulls away she chuckles at me.

"Bye." She says and then walks away while waving us.

"So...wanna tell us what's going on?" Oliver asks and when I look at him he has the biggest grin on his face.

I immediately start blushing again. "Nothing! Let's go back!" I exclaim embarrassed and quickly start walking back to the college.

Behind me I can hear the others laugh but I just ignore them.