twenty-two

SINNER AND SAINT, ELLA ELIZA

Matthew walks with me hand-in-hand along the strip of sand. The clash of waves resonates around us. The soft brizz flows into my hair. The sun will come up soon. We spent so many hours focused on each other. We fell asleep, exhausted after multiple orgasms. It felt like we were making up for lost time. In a way, perhaps we were. It proved to me that Mist works and it's dangerous. I need to find a way to help Alba shutdown The Warehouse. They use this drug against the girls - for whoever isn't compliant. Unfortunately, the last time I was there delivering Alba, I saw it. In Katherine.

"I think we can agree that communication is imperative to building a relationship," I say. Matthew nods in agreement."That being said, I need to go to D.C.. You can come with me, if you want."

"What's in DC?"

I stay silent before cracking a smile.

"The FBI and my grandparents. I'm ready to end this," I say. "But I'll probably have Alex arrange my transport back to the mainland.

"Why?"

"I can't leave without Bailey."

"Who's Bailey?" Matthew asks, intrigued.

"My puppy," I grin.

"Your puppy?" Matthew raises his eyebrow in question.

I pull into him, pecking his lips. "My sister gave him to me. She thought I'd need some moral and emotional support and I agree."

Matthew nods. "Okay, then we will take Bailey."

I grin. Matthew cups my face, pulling me to me. His lips are soft after all the kissing we've done all night. The taste of us lingers still. I moan into him. He swallows it, taking the very essence that's keeping me upright. One arm drops around my waist, keeping me from falling as if he knew.