Wattpad Original
There are 78 more free parts

problems

noun ~ a matter regarded as unwelcome and needed to be dealt with

NOVA

"What do you mean, he laid a claim on me?" I grumbled. "He has ignored me for weeks, Sean, weeks! He can't just-just suddenly come to me one day and a-act interested when he's a-an ass otherwise! He cornered me in the s-storage room, a-and the introduction he-he was standing right next to me!"

Sean shrugged and took a large bite of the chicken drumstick in his hand. I frowned as the grease dripped down his chin. I enjoyed my time with Sean, but he ate like an animal.

'He is an animal.' My wolf murmured.

Oh, stop it, you. I used to miss the silence in my head before your remarks butted in. I teased.

She chortled. 'You'd miss me.'

I hummed a neutral tone, and she huffed at me.

Sean stopped his gross demolishing of the poor chicken leg and cleaned his fingers as he stared at me. "He's an alpha wolf."

I glared at his casual shrug. "And?"

He picked up the corn cob next, and I grimaced. "Alpha wolves are dominant. You're the submissive counterpart, I'm afraid, and his wolf will be protective. His wolf will hound him to claim you. I don't know why he hasn't yet. It's strange."

I frowned down at my lone piece of garlic bread left on my plate. "I don't understand him. If-if he wants to reject me. W-W-why can't he just do it?"

He reached out a greasy hand to try and touch my own. "I'm afraid I don't know. I'm just a head warrior. A gamma if you want the official title. I report to him and take his orders. He's a silent one emotionally... I think... he can't cope with his emotions. His wolf is fighting his human, I noticed. I think you're gonna have to work around the possessiveness."

I huffed. "Mate bonds are too complicated for me."

"Nah, that's just your tiny brain." He chortles.

I shot him a glare and was going to fire back when a glass of cold water was placed beside me. I turned to see Molly giving me a small smile as she sat down beside me, a glass of water in her other hand for herself.

"Who's got a tiny brain and a mate problem?" She wondered.

I accepted her water with thanks and took a drink, glaring at Sean over the rim of the glass. "Apparently me."

"Ooh, you have a mate!" She squealed. "Who is it? Oh, my gosh, it's not my brother, is it? Is that why you're together?"

Sean almost choked, and I chuckled at him. "No-no."

"I am most definitely not. If I had found my mate, she would be claimed by now and would not be leaving my bedroom." He shook his head.

"Sean!" We gasped in unison and I blushed.

"I'm just saying." He shrugged, gulping down some cola. "You're a lovely female, Nova. And your mate is throwing all the wrong signals."

I frowned at him, but feeling a goosebump-inducing stare on my back, I kept quiet.

Molly snorted. "Who is the so-called man?"

"Top secret." He stated. "Sorry sis, but even I can't gossip this to you."

"Oh boo, what's the point of being my gamma brother if you can't gossip?" She pouted.

He chuckled, finishing his lunch. "You'll find out one day. When he either breaks her heart or falls for her. But he better do it quick, I tell ya. Nova deserves better."