32

There's no way Megan's theory was a coincidence, yet it caught me so utterly off guard I choked on my own saliva where I sat next to her in the car.

"I'm not blind you know. It's not often you attend a concert where your favourite artist won't take his eyes off your best friend for the entire event. And then I saw you looking back at him several times, but you always looked away within seconds, he didn't. No one gets stared down by Min Yoongi and lives to tell the tale, yet here you are, alive and well. So I ask again. Is it Suga?"

I held my breath while I processed her words. My mind immediately traveled to wondering why Yoongi had been staring at me, why he'd been so reckless as to publicly and obviously stare at me to the point where someone noticed something was going on. Then I started wondering how I hadn't noticed. Not once during their performance had I thought Yoongi was looking at me more than any of the others, I mean yes our eyes met a couple of times but so did my eyes with Jin and Namjoon.

I traveled back through my memories, recalling the stern speech repeated by Namjoon before leaving the house, telling us all that we had to make sure nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Making all of us promise to be on our best non-soulmate behaviour and that we had to remember that I had to stay anonymous in the crowd. Why would Yoongi go against that just to stare at me at a time so ill-fitting?

The flutters grazing the insides of my stomach from the giddy feeling of Yoongi's stupid gesture had me doubting my own mind for more than a second. If I was annoyed with him for staring at me, why was I also flattered, almost thankful that despite his status as the big famous idol, he had to defy his guidelines just to watch me. Risking the consequences he surely knew held a possible negative outcome of the act.

"How do you know it was me he was looking at? There were other women around us, he could have been looking at any of them" I tried to contest her theory.

"I told you Hannah, no one gets stared down by Min Yoongi and lives to tell the tale, but you did. You had his eyes on you the entire day and you didn't even notice, and instead of denying my question just now, you're trying to steer it in a different direction. Had I been wrong you'd be the first to deny that shit or make fun of it by sarcastically confirming it."

If Megan had noticed it so easily there was no doubt she wasn't the only one, the thought of being surrounded by people who knew Yoongi was staring at me sent shivers down my spine, suddenly happy I hadn't been in the know until now.

But if other people noticed, surely the other guys noticed? Wouldn't they have stopped him? Wouldn't they have done something? Said something? Did they not see it? Did they not care?

Had I been so engrossed in hiding my true intention of the day's progression I'd clouded my mind so full of egotistical thoughts to the point where I became unobservant of my seven soulmates?

"You still with me H?" Megan asked and I looked up from where my eyes had landed on my hands fiddling on the fabric of my shirt in my lap.

The right answer to this situation is to tell her she had guessed right.To tell her that I in fact was bound to Yoongi with threads invisible to the unknowing eye. Lost in an everlasting dance between our souls.

"Wait, so you believe me?" Blurted out of me at the same time as the thought formed in my mind.

"You believe I have a soulmate?" I corrected, a little calmer.

Megan keeps her eyes on the road but nods, "So was I right?"

I sighed, making sure to not look anywhere specific when I mumbled an insecure yes into the quiet ambiance of the car.