Part 59: Going to court

I sipped my tea as if I were idling as any other lady would, just like anybody would expect. 

What would a lady who has been raised with needlework and other elegant things do other than that when it came to this situation?

She had been suddenly accused, obviously she wouldn't be worried because of her rich family. 

But I wasn't that ignorant and naive girl everybody thought I was. 

Even if I were protected by my family, they still served under the Royal Family. 

And the next monarch in line would be Albert, my own fiance. 

Usually there would be no better matches for the future King other than me, since I had been raised to fulfil this role. 

But everybody knew how Albert had been spending more time with Ivy recently, and how he started showing her favoritism that had never been shown with me. 

Ivy would pose a threat to my future, because Albert would be the one handing me power. 

They thought that I would obviously get jealous and poison her. 

Its a reasonable assumption, who else could have done it?

But that was my question too. 

I had been long suspecting the Temple since a few days ago, but its quite apparent why they decided to poison Ivy. 

If I were framed, Ivy's reputation and status would rise. 

And the Temple needed a saintess as of the moment, Ivy was the perfect person for it. 

But to be honest, sending a priest, even a lower rank one..........it was a very bold and rash act. 

Did they really expect me to shut my mouth about it, and be the loyal dog to whatever their scheme is?

The Temple surely can't be that stupid, right?

                                                                 ***

I walked in the court steadily while ignoring all the judging eyes on me. 

It was a rare sight to see a noble, much less one my position in court. 

Its not that nobles didn't commit crime, if they didn't commit more. 

But with money and power, you could bribe anybody. 

If that didn't work, a few sprinkles of blackmailing would do. 

But my father wasn't like that. 

While he stood in a position higher than most people, it came with risks. 

But he had always been a loyal servant of justice, so he wouldn't cover up any crimes. 

Not even when it came to his family, but somewhere inside me I was well aware that he trusted I hadn't done these kind of things. 

I didn't dare to look up, especially at the position of the judge. 

It would make me look like I was hoping for my father to be there, and save me.

I could already tell that my father wouldn't be the one sitting there, but if this one was fair and all, I didn't mind. 

I gulped as the session started, and prayed mentally that the judge wasn't one of those people who hated my father and my family's immense power. 

The creators wanted Roselyn to be a full-on selfish and cruel villainess, with only a lot of power supporting her from behind. 

Perhaps if Roselyn had a normal background, she wouldn't be anything special much.