Eloquence//21

Eloquence: Fluent or persuasive speaking or writing.
——————————————————————

When (Y/N) woke up the next morning, her whole body was in pain. All that trembling and stiffness must've taken its effect during the night. While stretching, she shifted her gaze on the nightstand, noticing that her phone isn't there.

Jack must've took it.

Wait- Jack.

The events of last night came back to her, and the girl immediately lifted her shirt up, checking for any injuries.

So he hasn't taken anything else huh?

Rising from her bed, she took notice of the faint sound of the radio that stayed on throughout the night. Turning it off, she carefully walked towards her bedroom door and stood there for a while.

Realizing that she'd have to get out of the room soon, fear creeped up on her once again. What am I supposed to do? How could I prove that I was worthy to stay alive? What kind of a proposition was that even?

While her head was filling with various anxiety inducing questions, (Y/N) reached for the doorknob and slowly opened the door. She knew she'd have to leave the room at one point, if she didn't, Jack would definitely come and get her.

The boy sat on her couch, his gaze fixated on her wobbly form. She noticed the bloody clothes he wore, and her eyes started switching between the couch and him.

He'd get it dirty.

No longer feeling comfortable with him staring, she looked towards the window and the sky that was getting darker.

So it must've been somewhere around four. Have I really slept that long?

"How long have I slept?"

"For about ten hours."

"Ah, I see." (Y/N) murmured, not knowing what to say or do. The girl just stood in the hallway, completely out of touch with anything. It was rather uncomfortable for both of them.

"You are free to do whatever you want as long as you don't try anything funny." He spoke, the black dots on his mask staring right in her soul. Nodding, she put her hand behind her neck, massaging it slightly. It was starting to hurt from all the nodding, but it's not like she could say much to a serial killer, who was apparently also a cannibal.

(Y/N) tried not to think about the fact that the man in front of her ate kidneys. Thinking about it, would a man with sharp teeth and grey skin even be considered as someone who eats normal food?

"Hey, little lamb. Won't you tell me your name? Isn't it rude not to introduce yourself?" he mocked the girl. Looking up at him, she stayed quiet for a while, making him tilt his head again. Did this guy do anything else besides tilt his head?

"It's (Y/N)."

She flinched as Jack stood up from his seat and made his way to her. Her eyes following the black holes of the mask, not knowing where else to look. Standing in front of her, Jack took off his glove, making (Y/N) close her eyes, afraid that he might hit her, but was instead met with his finger tracing her cheek.

"(Y/N)..."

She hated how smooth his voice was. It made her legs shake, and she didn't know if it was fear or excitement that made them like that.

"Go take a shower."

The girl deadpanned. Fair, she would admit, she wasn't looking the best. Staring at him for a while, she'd subconsciously fight herself on whether or not she should tell him that he stinks as well. Deciding to think about it later, she made her way to her room to pick up new clothes.