Prologue

The stories say that the gears underneath the city are said to be as old as time itself, that they never stop turning. That if one were to look at the core of the plant. All they would see are gears and clogs, all leading up to the center of the world, Ripgear City. It was of course not the center of the actual world, but it was the most important part. It was the center of trading, technology, democracy, artwork, music.....love. Anything and everything could be found here, the city is suffocating under its own weight of importance. The metal gears are rusting, wooded clogs were rotting, time itself was disappearing.

And you, my dear, are just some inventor that hated the stories. That hated the center of the world, one almost feels pity for you. But it was your choice to stay, so you have no one to blame but yourself. Happy endings are so hard to come by nowadays, and fairytales never tell the whole story anyways. So what is the use to listening to them? Why don't you tell your own story instead? Maybe then you could get a happy ending, or multiple if you play your cards right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Authors Note

The world needs more steampunk and I am here to give it. The are going to be multiple yanderes, and some of them are going to be girls. Just to give you guys a head up. And this book is going to get pretty dark. Anyway, that is all for now. Have a wonderful day!