Chapter 40

"like we told you guys last time, we're not making anymore food for you!" pixie-bob smiles. "that's right! if you wanna eat, you gotta make your meals yourselves!" mandalay says.

you placed your hands behind your head and started walking to your classmates, freshly showered and comfortably clothed.

you yawn as you hear your class rep's voice "everyone, let's make the best curry in the world!" he declares.

the class attempts to cheer and everyone splits to do separate tasks. you walk around to see todoroki lightning wood and bakugo cutting vegetables.

you walk up to bakugo and grab a knife and a carrot, repositioning the knife in your hand. "tch. what are you doing here, eye freak?" bakugo scoffs.

you don't look at him as you start cutting the carrot "what's it look like?" you sarcastically ask. bakugo says nothing but starts cutting vegetables next to you.

you both go at the same pace until you notice him speeding up. you narrow your eyes as he quickens his pace 'is he trying to race me?' you think. you smirk and start cutting quicker as well.

this catches bakugo's attention and he side eyes to see you speeding up. 'so you wanna race, eye freak?' bakugo smirks and picks up his pace.

you side eye to see he's going quicker so it makes you go faster. this makes bakugo goes faster which makes you go faster and you don't even realize the crowd watching you both as you continue to race.

"woah, bakugo! rai! slow down or you'll cut yourself!" kirishima warns. you and bakugo don't listen, only focusing on beating the other.

you smirk as an idea pops into your head. you activate your quirk and start cutting at a pace no one can even see. they just see white sparks on the cutting board and freshly cut vegetables popping out to the side in an instant.

in a quick moment, all of the vegetables on your side are perfectly cut, making you smirk and deactivate your quirk "i win." you say proudly.

"tch. you played dirty, eye freak." bakugo told his eyes. you hum and throw your hands behind you head "that and i'm so much better than you." you say.

you leave a fuming bakugo behind as you walk to the lit up grills. you hear the girls from your class cal out todoroki's name and you see him lighting more wood with his fire.

the girls cheer for him and a full smile graces his lips. you hum and smile, making your way to him. "a full smile. how nice." you tease.

todoroki looks at you then back at his hand "yeah, it is nice." he says. you crouch next to him "i'm glad you're getting used to your fire, finally seeing that it's apart of you." you say.

"yeah, i'm getting there. and i have you and midoriya to thank for that. you both opened my eyes. i don't know where i would be if it weren't for you two." todoroki says.

"probably still sulky." you joke. todoroki lets out a soft chuckle "sarcastic as always, y/n." todoroki says with a small smile. you let out a small laugh as todoroki lights up another log.

"you're nice to be around. remember when we hated each other?" you joke. both you and him reminisce on the sports festival where you had your first interactions.

"seems like a long time ago. you've changed since then." todoroki says. you hum and face a log that todoroki lights with his fire "i guess i did." you say. "yeah, you used to be cold too. cold like me, scowling like bakugo." he jokes.

you lightly nudge his shoulder "you're one to talk." you say. todoroki laughs through his nose as you stand up, dusting yourself off. "keep smiling, shoto. i'm sure many more girls will come your way." you joke.