FOURTEEN

One at a time

One at a time.

Life wasn't like that but that was exactly how we were asked to take it.

How could you take life one at a time when everything was so overwhelming.

The most painful thing about being a young adult was having your feelings discarded and disregarded. Having someone think that what they're feeling is silly, worthless and ridiculous is one of the worse things you could do to them.

These were all things I'd come to learn.

They told you experience is the best teacher but they forget to mention that it was also the most painful.

An experience could make you lose your sanity. And that's why many of us couldn't find ourselves anymore after this experience.

◈ ━━━━━━━ ⸙ - ⸙ ━━━━━━━ ◈

Dear Unknown,

I know what it feels like to have no one understand you. I know exactly how it feels to not only feel but to be actually be alone. But you're not actually alone, I'm here for you even if you don't want to reveal your identity. I've been where you are and I was able to make it out of there. You feel like the weight of the word is on your shoulders. You feel like your good isn't good enough and it's ike the more effort you put, the worse things get and the only reasonable solution is to stop trying, to stop breathing, to stop living. You want everything to stop. It's okay, I understand you, you're only human.
       I just want you to know that you can still pull through. I want you to know that even though everything feels like it's tumbling down, you can talk to me. I'm open to more letters and whenever you feel you're ready, you can meet me. It doesn't have to end here and now. There's still light at the end of the tunnel.

Your penfriend,
KEC.

CJ stood there with a scowl on his face as he read the letter which was pinned on the notice board early that Tuesday morning. The SS 2 students had arrived that morning to realize that copies of the same letter had been scattered everywhere in the corridor and even in their classrooms. Some copies had been pasted on the walls and on various, random desks but one was put up on the notice board at the far end of the SS 2 floor.

No one knew who had done this, why they had done it and how they'd managed to do it so early even before Junior, the time keeper and earliest student was in school, ergo, whoever was responsible had pulled it before 6 AM.

Students moved around that morning with their own copy of the mysterious letter as they asked questions and made speculations. Definitely, it would the topic of discussion for weeks.

"You decided to show up today." CJ was startled by the voice that came up behind him. He turned around to see Kasy, looking more energetic and happy than usual. He immediately knew she must've had a hand in whatever was going on.