Chapter two - The Party

Dream sliced a man in the back, causing him to fall to the ground, died. Dream wiped the blood and sweat away from his eyes.

"Is that all of them?!" He yelled out to his commander.

"That's it, the king has been beheaded. We have won the battle!"

Dream fall to the floor, he was exhausted, he dropped his sword beside him. A smile slowly made its way onto his face. He did it, and now he can go home and see his sister and mother again. Who long had it been? a year? God, he missed them so much. Who knew that being a Knight would be so hard.

"Dream!"

He turned around to see his best friend run up to him. He had black raven hair and a white headband tied around his forehead. His armor was cracked and his boots covered in mud.

"Sapnap!" Dream yelled back at him.

"We did it man! we can finally go home!" He said as he helped Dream back up.

"We did, we did!" Dream beamed.

"And the commander said when we get back the King will throw a party in our honour! We'll get medals and stuff!"

"We better, I didn't do all this work for nothing." Dream scoffed.

The commander waved them over, saying it was time to head back to the kingdom, time to head back to home.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long shower and a clean pair of clothes, Dream was feeling ready for the party tonight. He was a little upset that he couldn't see his family yet, but he could wait one more day.

He was wearing an olive green long-sleeved shirt with a forest green cape around his shoulders. His pants were black and his boots were dark brown. His wavy dirty blond hair was a bit messy, but his piercing green eyes made up for it. All in all, Dream would say he looked quite handsome.

He walked out of his tiny bedroom which only had a bed and a dresser in it and made his way to the great hall. Servents were running around everywhere doing last-minute touchups here and there. There were beautiful bouquets of roses on both sides of the hall and the chandelier above him had every candlelit. Making the room glow a lovely colour.

Dream slowing made his way to the ballroom, trying to take it all in. Once in the ballroom, he notices just how many people were there, the room was packed. He scanned the room for a familiar face. He saw Sapnap stuffing his face full of meat. Dream smiled and made his way over to him.

"I feel a little out of place." Dream admitted, rubbing the back of his head.

"Dude, loosen up! You only live once right? So enjoy the night and join me in eating all this meat." Sapnap grinned.

Suddenly Dream felt a tap on his shoulder, he turned around to see one of the king's messengers.

"The King would like a word with you. Follow me." Dream shared a glance with Sapnap before following the messenger.

They walked in the empty halls toward the throne room. Dream was starting to get nervous, what could the King want from him? Did he do something wrong? Was he going to lose his job? Soon the doors to the throne room were pushed open. There stood the King pacing back and forth.

"I have brought Knight Dream to you. Just as you have requested your majesty." The messenger bowed and left the room.

Dream looked at the King waiting for him to say something but was met with an awkward silence. So he decided to speak.

"You asked for me, Lord?"

"Yes, you're Dream, right?"

"Y-yes, Your Majesty." What does he want with me?  Dream thought.

"The Prince has gone missing. I need you to find him. Your commander spoke very highly of you and said that you would be the best for this job. But this must stay on the down-low. I don't what anyone finding out about this. Do you understand?" His voice was low and intimidating.

"Of course." Dream bowed.

"I have a suspicion that he's going to the village. Find him and bring him to me immediately."

"Yes Sir... umm, what does the prince look like?" Dream asked. He had never seen the Prince before, very few people had. And there had never been a picture painted of him either. Which was very strange. Maybe he was really ugly? The King wasn't very handsome, so maybe his son took after him. Though Dream had heard that the late Queen was very gorgeous. All he did know about the prince was that he was two years older than him. But that wasn't very much to go off of.

"His skin is a ghostly colour and one of his eyes is brown and the other blue. He will probably still be wearing his princely garments. Now be on your way."

Dream bowed one more time and left, heading toward the stables.

So much for the party. Dream thought to himself.