━ 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘, 𝐉𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘 - 𝐏𝟒 ━

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

El had returned to Mike's side. The two shared looks and enjoyed each other's company. It made me happy to see Mike this way. Yet, it left a somber ache in my chest and my eyes fixated on my feet as I walked my bike and my mind began to wonder.

It was wandering to earlier this morning, for what felt like the hundredth time today. Only, this time, I recalled what happened before Troy showed up. A heat fluttered to my cheeks at the mere thought of it.

'Will couldn't possibly... Could he?'

I mean, it would make sense with how he acts around me specifically. I always thought that he acted that way because we were so close.

- 𝗙𝗟𝗔𝗦𝗛𝗕𝗔𝗖𝗞 -

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Byers!"

"Y/n, sweetie, hi! I'll go get Will. Come in, come in," A bright smile adorned her features as she beamed at me.

Come to think of it, I don't think she's ever not been smiling in all the times I've seen her.

I stepped inside the all too familiar house, warmth and comfort radiated off the walls.

"Will!" Mrs. Byers' sing-song voice carried down the hallway as I waited in the front room, bag in hand. I was excited for tonight, for Will and I to carpool over to Mike's. Mike had been planning this all-night campaign for weeks, and the big sleepover was finally here.

Mrs. Byers was always nice to me. She was always so happy to see me and the feeling was mutual. She has always had the ability to make me feel at home, welcomed, and completely accepted.

"Oh, hey Y/n," I looked up and saw Jonathan walking in the room, camera in hand and a cheery smile on his face.

"Hi, Jonathan! How have you been?" I asked, perking up.

Jonathan smiled as he put his camera into his bag, along with a few other items.

"I've been good. You?"

"Can't complain," I chirped.

Mrs. Byers came speed walking down the hall and joined Jonathan in the kitchen.

"He'll be right out, sweetie,"

I smiled, thanking her. She lowered her voice with a smirk on her face as she leaned in close to Jonathan, unknowingly just loud enough for me to hear.

"It's so cute, he got all nervous and is fixing his hair,"

I smiled to myself, and Jonathan did the same. I didn't give it much thought, I could have heard wrong after all.

"Hi Y/n! Sorry about that. You ready?" He was beaming, much like his mother earlier and it only made me happier.

"Yeah, I'm so excited. I can't wait to see what Mike has planned."

"Yeah, his campaigns are the best."

Jonathan grabbed his keys and headed for the front door, Will and I close behind him.