━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐃𝐘 - 𝐏𝟒 ━

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

"Come on." Mike ushered us all into the AV room and had just locked the door behind us.

We followed him over to the Heathkit and Mike pulled out the chair for El, which she gladly took.

"Now what?" Dustin asked.

"She'll find him. Right, El?" Mike assures us as he adjusts the dials.

But I see something in her Mike failed to notice. Fear. She took a few deep breaths and closed her eyes. I figured this was how she finds people but something about her seemed... off. Troubling.

"She's doing it. She's finding him!" Mike exclaimed.

I shift uncomfortably, feeling bad about putting her under all this strain. Something seems off, she seems uncomfortable. Almost, like she is reliving something.

"That is crazy." Dustin said.

"Calm down. She just closed her eyes."

I flinched when suddenly the only light bulb I was standing under, went out with a pop. The boys gasped.

"Holy..." Dustin began.

The radio frequency goes crazy and the boys and I lean in, not wanting to miss anything. An odd noise sounded, and I could feel a perplexed expression come across my face.

"What is that?" Dustin asked to no one in particular.

"I'm not sure, but— am I crazy or does that sound like... someone hitting something?" I say mindlessly.

⊹ ⊹ ⊹

Joyce doesn't stop pacing as the music reaches its chorus. Her head whips around to the wall near the porch window when she hears a distinct clanging.

She stops the music and the noise she thought she heard is confirmed and she cautiously steps towards the source. She swears she can hear the faint noise of a child whimpering.

"Mom?" Will.

It was Will's voice, it echoed and she had to strain to hear it but it was unmistakably the frightened voice of her child. She gasped loudly and clung to the wall.

"Will?"

⊹ ⊹ ⊹

"Mom?" It was him. His voice rang through the air from the Heathkit and an audible gasp escaped my lips.

'It really was Will. He... he's really alive.'

"No way!" Lucas breathed.

My vision becomes blurry from tears and I stumble back for a short moment, grasping the first thing I could reach which happened to be my brother's arms.

"Mom..."

⊹ ⊹ ⊹

"Will!" Joyce desperately searched for a hole of any kind in the wall and ran across the room throwing open the door and sprinting onto the porch.