33. FOREVER

jungkook thinks, he is handling everything great so far.

he is learning from his mistakes and is adapting much better, though he indeed was clueless at first.

in the beginning, the alpha may have been too excited to be a father, he might have underestimated the nine months leading to it.

and when his days started revolving around taehyungs morning sickness, the mood swings and cravings- the alpha felt quite helpless.

he felt like a failure of an alpha those days, the omega would hiccup after throwing up everything he ate and taehyungs mood swings were just so random enough to give him a whiplash.

in more than one nights, he had to make a trip to the greenhouse to pick the perfectly shiny strawberries, specifically the ones that grows on the left most aisle.
"those are the juiciest, alpha" the omega would deadpan, as if its a universal fact.

and dont get him started on the cravings.

to jungkooks credit- he only gaged twice, that too without taehyung noticing- when the omega had mixed kimchi juice with peanut butter and ate it wiggling happily.

and somedays the omega would toast the bread until it looks like nothing more than a black brick, because he suddenly thinks charcoal tastes great. the alpha would put up a happy face while eating, whilst every bit of his tastebuds are screaming in agony.

but jungkook found his right footing soon. he handles all of it like a pro now.

and oh everything feels worth it, when he sees that glow on taehyung and his belly getting bigger as weeks pass.

jungkook never thought he could fall more in love with his mate. but when he see those now permanent rosy cheeks, the soft skin, the added curviness, the milkier scent and the reminder that his pup is growing inside the omega- jungkook is more in love.

the alpha was brought out of his thoughts when he heard another displeased grunt from taehyung.

"my ass wont fit into anything" the omega grumbled as he tried to pull up a pant higher up his thighs.

jungkook was too busy staring at the same ass.

"i'm fat" taehyung went from angry to teary in a minute, as he kicked off the pants and plopped onto his alphas lap with a pout.

the alpha clicked his tongue in disapproval.

"dont ever say that love. you've only got more beautiful" the alpha kissed his cheeks, hands caressing the small baby bump.

taehyung smiled warmily but that dropped in a second.
"you mean i was ugly before i got pregnant?" taehyungs lips wobbled as he looked at his alpha with hurtful eyes.

oh shit.

"no ofcourse not love. you were always beautiful. the prettiest omega ever." the alpha had quickly assured distracting taehyungs with kisses.

the kiss went on until both of them pulled apart panting. before things can escalate, taehyung was reminded of the problem at hand-
"i still dont have an outfit for the ceremony"

"how about we go to the tailors and get a new one today" jungkook suggested.

taehyungs face lit up at that.

□□□

it was the night of ceremony- jungkook was officially being crowned as the pack alpha.

the ceremony went on for hours and after jungkook took his oath to protect and care for the pack throughout his reign, the entire crowd applauded with joy. taehyung was alongside him through everything, brimming with pride.