━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐓𝐔𝐁 - 𝐏𝟐 ━

Warnings: Mentions of blood I THINK??? Slightly out of character El[again, maybe?]

A//n: just be patient with the powers thing, there's a reason it hasn't been brought up yet.

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

It felt like hours, but we finally made it to the safety of the junkyard. Mike and El had just stopped and dismounted the bike just up ahead. Lucas and I were side by side with Dustin and soon enough we were all on the grass catching our breath.

I never realized just how drained I felt until I got off the bike. Rather than risk any other injuries I collapsed to my knees to give my lungs a chance at catching up.

"Holy... Holy shit!" Dustin rambled excitedly. "Did... did you what she did to that van?"

Annoyed, Mike looked to Dustin and spoke in labored breaths. "No, Dustin, we missed it."

Despite my aching lungs, a laugh escaped me.

"I mean that was..."

"Awesome." Lucas cut in, panting.

He looked to El who was also sat on the grass, completely spent. Exhausted from recent events my energy was draining fast, but I was awake enough to make the connection that she must be exhausted from using her powers.

Lucas continued, but kept his eyes only on El, communicating it was her he was addressing.

"It was awesome."

He hobbled over to her and knelt down to her eye level.

My head begins to bob, much like one might do when they start to fall asleep sitting up. Regardless, I strained myself to stay awake, wanting to hear what Lucas had to say.

"Everything I said about you being a traitor and stuff... I was wrong." He gestured to himself and his eyes showed nothing but remorse.

I smiled warmly, thrilled to see them making amends. My eyelids were getting heavy and my head kept falling. It was getting harder and harder to stay awake.

There was a brief silence and El looked surprised.

"I'm sorry." He said.

He then brought a hand up to her and placed it on her back as a sign of comfort and genuine honesty.

Tearfully, El spoke. "Friends... friends don't lie. I'm sorry, too."

"Me, too." Mike spoke up.

We all looked to Mike to see him extending his hand out to Lucas.

It is then when I notice that the world around me begins to spin, and the last thing I see before everything goes black is Lucas and Mike shaking hands

||𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

The children turned their heads at the sound of a dull thud. Y/n Henderson had collapsed and lay unconscious in the grass.